Solid car - very pleased
By Jane on
2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
We purchased our car 1 year used with about 12000 miles on it. We've been very happy with it. Like any car that is now 6 or so years old, it has a few rattles and such, but not many. It has not had any major issues (regular maintenance only), other than a known issue with the dash AC/Heat selector. Now I must switch from AC to heat from under the dash or pay to fix it (around $1500, so I won't do it). Mileage is right around 20mpg for mix of around town and highway. It's very comfortable to drive and ride in - we regularly make 8+ hour treks in the car and find it very comfy. The car has held up well over the years. Very happy with it.
Favorite Features
Nice and comfortable interior, roof rack rails, very reliable.
Suggested Improvements
I hope that in the past 6 years the AC/heat issue has been identified and resolved in newer models.
By fallenone
on 04/30/11 01:20 AM (PDT)

I just purchased one myself. The engine was said to be brand new. but i'm guessing it was rebuilt. It has 119,000 on it. It has a price of $7,700. Not to powerful but ok i guess. i have a green LS model. like your's i found out the AC button's light does not come on, and the switch won't turn to heat. also the cruise control light comes on but doesn't work. and i was told yesterday it need's all new struts. it rides smooth but sometimes it shakes alittle. and the rpm get's really high at times when your trying to give it some oomph but overall it's ok i guess. i purchased it three day's ago. but i'm already starting to hate it and it's not just because it's green either. I just think new engine or not it was overpriced is all. since it's a known issue with the AC how come it hasn't been recalled? and i almost forgot my driver side seatbelt doesn't retract! the interior is spotless though.

By fallenone
on 04/30/11 01:17 AM (PDT)

I just purchased one myself. The engine was said to be brand new. but i'm rebuilt. It has 119,000 on it. It has a price of $7,700. Not to powerful but ok i guess. i have a green LS model. like your's i found out the AC button's light does not come on, and the switch won't turn to heat. also the cruise control light comes on but doesn't work. and i was told yesterday it need's all new struts. it rides smooth but sometimes it shakes alittle. and the rpm get's really high at times when your trying to give it some oomph but overall it's ok i guess. i purchased it three day's ago. but i'm already starting to hate it and it's not just because it's green either. I just think new engine or not it was overpriced is all. since it's a known issue with the AC how come it hasn't been recalled? and i almost forgot my driver side seatbelt doesn't retract! the interior is spotless though.