I it lots and bunches
By T'cha-Mi'iko on
2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
My Outlander started as a rental unit but now has a home. I drive it in East Idaho in the deep snow drifts we get here and black ice conditions with no problems. On warmer days it zips along nicely on the freeway. On railroad crossings and bumpy back country roads it does rattle a bit, but the reviews mentioned that and it is not a problem. It tracked well when I stomped on the brakes to see how they did on an icy road-tracked straight ahead and continued ok when I let off the brakes. It does build up road slush in winter conditions in the wheel wells but it is easy to clean out when I stop. A great vehicle, looks good, rides nice. Looking forward to seeing how it does in the summer.
Favorite Features
I love the pockets and more pockets. Another one pops up in interesting places and I wonder what I can put in each one. Took me some time to get used to an automatic tranny, but now I could get spoiled with it.
Suggested Improvements
Larger fuel tank with better mileage. Not too excited about the hidden spare tire. I looking for a roof rack to carry and extra tire on- I always like to have two spares, I'm a boonie rat.