2003 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
First Car and an SUV
By Lily on 02/01/06 12:22 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the way the Mitsubishi Outlander handles on unpaved roads in good and bad weather, even in more than a foot of snow. It is roomy from front to back but could use a little more headroom, even when the seat is totally down. Also, its gas mileage could be better. It does zero to sixty in about 10 seconds which is sluggish in some situations but livable. It has a smooth ride at any speed. It is the first vehicle I purchased on my own and I wanted an SUV. I bought it used from a car rental company where it was well maintained. My maintence costs have been low. It is large enough for what I need and small enough that it is easy to park without taking up extra space. Sometimes it gets hidden behind other bigger SUV's in mall parking lots!

Outlander
By Robert on 12/30/05 15:27 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After three years of fairly trouble free operation the radiator in my Mitsubishi Outlander blew causing the enigine to overheat and sustain further damage. The problem was with a defective fan controller known by Mitsubishi. They elected to cover the cost of all the parts, but not the labor. Is that good customer service? I don't think so. BTW, all this happened just one month after the warranty expired.

Outlander
By foreman on 06/19/05 09:37 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have really enjoyed this vehichle. It drives nicely and we have had no problems or concerns with it. It is fun to drive and roomy inside. However we are told it does not hold its resale value. we were also wondering why they can not be purchased in Indiana.

Excellent Value and Fun Too!
By DPiedra on 06/15/05 21:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car has handled well through Ontario winters and through several long trips in hot summer months. Highway driving is very smooth (surpisingly so for a small V4). Interior is nice, but could use a better clock (minor detail though). I find the accelaration a bit slow when entering the highway, but at high speeds, no problem. In city driving, there is no lack of accelaration. Not sure what the folks who say this vehicle lacks acceleration are looking for, racing type acceleration? If so go to high end V8s, this is a great buy and fun to drive too.

I Love My Outlander!
By Silly Me on 05/30/05 21:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. It rides as smooth as any luxury car, but is more fun to drive! It may not be as powerful as a sports car, but it has enough power to safely merge on any freeway. The interior is comfortable and beautiful. I hope to drive it for many years.

Mitsubishi Outlander - Love It!
By John Logan on 05/11/05 22:47 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it in 3/03. Drove it for 40,000 miles and gave it to my son. I took it the other day to change the oil, I miss it! Great little truck! Fun to drive, gives you the feel of a bigger SUV (I have a 4x4 explorer too) gas mileage is good. Comfortable interior and stylish exterior at a great price, very reliable. The 4th Mitsubishi I've owned, I recommend them highly.

Outlander 03
By Dennis on 04/03/05 21:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've own this SUV since Dec 02, I must say I couldn't be more pleased. I haven't had a bit of trouble except for replacing the brakes at 20,000. The milage is great when I go to Vegas 27-28) but city driving eats up the gas (about 17mpg) Yea, I would buy another one when the time comes.

Great economical SUV
By tbailey152 on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. Very reliable. Would recommend AWD version though. I bought FWD and sometimes wish I had AWD.

Great Small SUV!
By elrayoex on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a peppy, fun to drive SUV. The power moon roof is innovative and has never even offered to leak. For the money I don't hink there is a better mid-size SUV on the market! Perfect for college student or professional alike, you can't go wrong with the Oulander.

You Get What You Pay For.
By qball5 on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well built Very good fit and finish Great seats Visibility is good Like the placement of cupholders both front and rear Good cargo room Can always find a good seating position