2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Review: Great Value

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Consumer Review

ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Value
By fazzster on

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My number one priority for this class is the availability of a manual transmission. Which narrows it down to CX5, Tiguan, 500L and Forester. I already have a brilliant 500L so i don't need 2. I drive 30k miles per year so the VW (having owned a few in the past) are not the most reliable for the long run. The Forester is a solid buy but pricey and boring to drive. CX5 is overall more polished and "funner" to drive. Bottom line, my Mitsu has a warranty that makes sense for a high mileage driver and $18k out the door is a very good deal. It drives very smooth and handles quite well for the class. I see 29-32mpg with out even trying and have achieved 34-35mpg on some short stints.

18" wheels. Stock stereo sounds better than the high end stereo I had in my GTI. Clutch and shifter have excellent engagement and feel.

The engine can be rough when pushed. I expect a little more refinement from a Japanese engineered engine.