2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:

40k driven in a year, and still rocking it!
By Nik

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car. Seriously. I've had my fair share of crummy cars in the past, to the point that it left me paranoid. After having had the outlander sport for a year and driving it 40,000 in one year, I can happily say this car is a champ. Not only do I drive for business and need it to be reliable, but it's really comfy and looks fancy for the cost. I've been able to fit a recliner in it with the seats down, and one trip had two medium size dog crates in there too. It's surprising how much it can fit. Then there's the gas mileage. Last fill up cost me $27 and it goes about 320 miles on that. The sound is great and I love the subwoofer in the back. Then there's the panoramic sun roof. Anytime a friend gets in the car that's the first thing they notice. As for the finishings, so far the interior holds up. I've had cars (vw's, Hondas, and nissans) that break apart or seems come apart. So far the outlander is in one piece. Oh! And I've accidently hit a few things and no Damage shown on the car. Major plus! I can't say enough positive things. Only downside, is if the car is packed with people, cargo, and ac blasting- the acceleration struggles a bit. But not surprising. If you're short like me (under 5ft) the drivers seat goes up and gives you a clear view of the road. If you're tall like my dad (6'1") you can adjust it and feel comfortable too. I highly recommend this car.

5 speed stick 2014 Outlander Sport ROCKS!
By Mitsubishi Convert

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Mitsubishi 5 speed manual Outlander Sport is truly a fine SUV that gets good MPG, has plenty of power and handles well...I really enjoy this car! and with the rebates, it is great value! One of the best cars I've ever owned and fun to drive...Union made (UAW) and built in the USA, I had never bought Mitsubishi before but am very impressed and would highly suggest that you take a look at the Outlander Sport before you buy!

Great gas mileage
By kmgreen

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

About 2 months ago, we traded in our Jeep Liberty for a re-po'ed 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. It gets better gas mileage than expected - about 29-31 in mixed driving. It doesn't feel peppy when accelerating but it's my first CVT and I think it just feels different, not bad. The driver's side has tons of legroom and my knees never hurt on long trips. The road feel is a little rough -- similar to the Jeep. We live down a rough dirt road and with 8+ inches of ground clearance, the Outander Sport performs great.

Lots of legroom. Helpful average MPG display to learn how to get the best gas mileage. Great ground clearance.

Slightly peppier acceleration would be nice.

Don't Listen to the "Experts" - Great Little SUV
By scjenk

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Don't listen to the "experts" because they will steer you wrong on this car. We love this vehicle! Great features, mileage (averaging over 28 MPG per tank, best 31), price, comfort and size capped off by a great warranty. It's not the fastest SUV out there, but it isn't any slower than most of the other vehicles in it's class and if you use the paddle shifters it ups the fun quotient. I had 4 adults and 4 huge suitcases in it the other day and it didn't struggle at all. Consumer Reports rates this the "Most Reliable" small SUV. The hands free system in this car works much better than the SYNC in my F150 and is easier to use. My only complaint is that Mitsubishi cheaped out on the carpet.

Ride, mileage, size

Better carpeting, could use a few more horsepower

Great Little SUV!!
By stevem777

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I recently bought a 2014 Outlander Sport SE. I can't believe this vehicle is below everyone's radar for anyone wanting a smaller crossover. I did all of the research and found that by far this Mitsu was ranked higher in customer satisfaction that all of the others. I decided to test drive this car and was really impressed with the performance and smooth ride it has. It didn't take long to make a decision when looking at the options for this vehicle. We got every option except for the navigation and the panoramic roof... the 6 speed paddle shifters and INVECS -III - CVT Sportronic transmission makes this a fun to drive, sporty compact SUV.

Sporty handling and awesome power (when you learn the dynamics of the CVT transmission), not to mention heated seats for the winter and room for 4 adults. A rearview camera helps you when backing up and some models feature back up sensors for when you get too close to an object. Self-dimming rear view mirror is a nice touch along with the automatic rain detection system on the windshield wipers. A full-color LCD multi-information display along with high contrast meter gauge cluster makes it easy to see at all times, night or day. Directional headlights light up the whole world at night... nice and bright.

Mitsubishi has done a great job with this compact SUV... can't think of any improvements at this point.

• SUV