Hands down - this is the best SUV for your money!
By indianadad on
2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Mitsubishi does not do a good enough job marketing this vehicle. They are either pricing it to regain market share or the other brands are way overpriced. That being said, I had checked out most other small SUVs, focusing on the American & Japanese models. They are all in the 25-30K range to get the features this one has. With rebates and negotiations with the dealer I got this great quality SUV for about $19,200. For this price, who else gives 18" alloys, keyless ignition, fog lights, auto & adjustable HID headlights, tinted windows, auto heat/air, rain sensing wipers, super crisp LED multi-color info. display, wireless Bluetooth, 6 speaker satellite radio and much more??? No one!!!
Favorite Features
The LED multi display is teaching me to drive for better gas mileage. I'm consistently in the upper 20s in daily driving now. It is actually kind of fun to look at the display and I like the way it says "See You" when I shut off the car. This SUV looks sharp, is loaded with features and drives well. The seats are comfy and you don't feel cramped at all, especially in the back seat. Also there is plenty of room to open the doors - that was one thing that bugged me when I looked at the Mazda CX-5. You have to twist your body to get out of their back seat. Mitsubishi also builds this SUV in central Illinois. I feel good that it's built by Americans!!!
Suggested Improvements
A little more noise deadening material around the wheel wells. In normal weather, there is very minimal road noise throughout the car, but in the rain I will notice it from the wheels. Engine roars a bit during acceleration at the 15-30 mph range - maybe they can tune the transmission better for this.
By indianadad
on 03/08/13 18:45 PM (PST)

Something I forgot to mention in my review above is that the car's trip computer seems to underestimate my mileage by about 2-3 mpg. It's odd because other car computers seem to overestimate the mpg. I reset a trip distance log on the car after each gas fill up and I take a calculator and do the actual math. The car's computer is off by 2-3 mpg on the low side each time.