Great Vehicle - Tons of Technology Features
By nyame on
2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased the vehicle about 3 months ago and I have logged just over 3,300 miles on it. It has a galore of technology features, comparable to any of the luxury vehicles out there, at a much affordable price. It looks great from the exterior and drives very smooth. The mpg rating for this vehicle is 24/31/27 but I am now averaging a combined mpg of 32, better than the official rating of 27. I calculate my mpg by dividing the total mileage travelled for a fill up by the amount of gas needed to bring the gas tank back to another fill up and I have done this 3 times. Of course, my city driving is only 20%, back-roads is 60% and highways is 20%.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature is the panoramic roof that I love to open when I am driving in the rain. It is really convenient using the keyless ignition starter and the keyless entry features. In fact, I don't use the vehicle keys for anything, all that I have to do is to keep it on my body and I can open and lock my doors, and also start and shutdown the engine. Two adults can comfortably fit into the back seat.
Suggested Improvements
The engine/road noise in the cabin is a bit higher than normal and I hope Mitsubishi will improve that in the next design. The CVT drive mode is also sluggish on takeoff. Fortunately, the sport mode driving with the paddle shifters provides much power on takeoff if you are not happy with the sluggish take off. On quality control, I found out my bluetooth was not functional when I picked up the vehicle from the dealership. I called Mitsubishi and I was assigned a case manager. I took the vehicle back to the Mitsubishi mechanic and they found out that the wire to the bluetooth system in the MMCS was never connected during the assembly of the unit.