Shoulda bought a Subaru
By captain766 on
2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I only had 2 concerns requirements for a new car, higher seating position and descent MPG. With those requirements I completely expected the performance would not impress. The Outlander Sport certainly delivers on that expectation. Very unimpressive. The MPG rating of 28Hwy, 24 city, 26 combined is just a pipe dream. I am averaging 22 MPG and my 100 mile round trip commute is 90% wide open interstate (no traffic to content with). I always watch to make sure the 'ECO' indicator is lit and still only 22MPG. Took the car to the dealer. They 'checked it out', test drove it (with same results as my experience) and called Mitsubishi Tech. Their answer, "Yup, that's what you can expect"
Favorite Features
??? I'll have to get back to ya on this one.
Suggested Improvements
MPG Handling/stability If you're not getting MPG, you should get better performance
By indianadad
on 06/11/13 13:38 PM (PDT)

Are you going by the trip computer for the MPG or doing the math after filling up? I have the SE 2WD and with an 80% highway/ 20% city commute of 60 miles round trip I am regularly now getting 31-34 mpg, which is beating the sticker mpg!!! My highway speed is typically around 70-73 mph and I regularly use the cruise control. Unless you are driving with a pretty heavy foot, I can't see how there is such a discrepancy with your 4WD model with the mileage. I find that my trip computer is underestimating the actual mileage by 2-3 mpg and when I talked with the dealer about it, he said it will vary the most with hard accelerations, since it pulls the computer mpg down. I also looked at Subaru, but did not need AWD. One thing I found in researching their cars (along with other automakers) is that the sticker mpg is pretty tough to hit and a lot of people get upset like you. Do a search on it and you'll see a lot of disappointed Subaru owners too. So much depends on your individual driving style.