5 spd manual transmission
By augustlee on
2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I am having this great car for 2 months and got 4000 miles on it. It is so far so great and I am totally satisfied. Especially when you think about the vehicle's price, this is the best value you can ever get. It is very roomy and cozy for long long drive. We drove down to Vegas from San Francisco and to Los Angeles and again drove back to SF (it's about 1k mile) with 3 people and one cello case (which is bigger than golf case) and 2 big luggage and few bags and waters etc in the car. Car was running very good at hills with 3 people and such load in it. And since this is manual transmission, you get more power than cvt and probably more mpg if you put little more effort on it.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth which is standard. And manual transmission which performs well and has great mpg with a little extra effort. I average over 30 mpg when you keep 65 mph speed limit. Sometimes I get greater mpg at city. I chose vehicle with absolutely no option with manual transmission which you can get at the lowest price ever for the outlander sport, and I am so satisfied with it. (I wish I had that wide long huge sun roof and 4WD thogh..)
Suggested Improvements
Manual transmission makes tiny rattle noise for each gear when you drive for long period of time. This car can go fast if you do not care about mpg but since I care, I feel a little lack of power. (Compare to KIA Soul w/ MT) I wish they offered 4WD and other options for manual transmission which are available only for cvt.