Used 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:

Wishing for more
By mitsu_david

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Wishing for better mileage - Got about 25 on my first all highway road trip. Not much better than I get in town. Maybe it will get better when the engine loosens up a little.
Wishing for more performance - Not terrible but far from a "Sporty" experience
Wishing for nicer finishes - nothing objectionable, but it seems it could be better with just a little effort

Could not be happier with the deal, though. I would have had to pay several thousand more to get a Crossover I liked better. Warranty is great, too. I'm glad because my previous Monterro cost me a ton and was worth nothing when I traded it in.

Comfort - Nice power seats on this model

Gearing on the CVT. The car seems to just wheeze off the line. Very meager acceleration. Kind of ironic considering the add tries to make it look sporty

Great Value-Excellent Reliability
By nyame

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the vehicle about 3 months ago and I have logged just over 3,300 miles on it. It has a galore of technology features, comparable to any of the luxury vehicles out there, at a much affordable price. It looks great from the exterior and drives very smooth. The mpg rating for this vehicle is 24/31/27 but I am now averaging a combined mpg of 32, better than the official rating of 27. I calculate my mpg by dividing the total mileage travelled for a fill up by the amount of gas needed to bring the gas tank back to another fill up and I have done this 3 times. Of course, my city driving is only 20%, back-roads is 60% and highways is 20%.

This is my second review after owning this vehicle for over 3 years. I am glad I made the choice to buy this vehicle. There has been no major problem with the vehicle and all that I have done in the past 3 years is to change the oil when the computer tells me to do so. I bought a case of the Mitsubishi OEM oil filters on the internet and have been doing my own oil change at home. The tires still look great after 3 years and rotate them every time I change my oil. I have had zero mechanical problems and this vehicles just drives. I have driven it cross country from Reno, Nevada to Vancouver, Canada without a sweat. All the electronics and technology that came with the vehicle are all working fine after 3 years. I actually get better gas mileage than the manufacturer rated mpg. I drive this vehicle every day to work and average 33-34 mpg and this is driving in the city of Reno-Sparks.
After 3 years, I can say that this is a great car, for the value, technology and reliability. I think this vehicle is under rated by the so-called review experts.

Shoulda bought a Subaru
By captain766

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I only had 2 concerns requirements for a new car, higher seating position and descent MPG.
With those requirements I completely expected the performance would not impress.
The Outlander Sport certainly delivers on that expectation.
Very unimpressive.
The MPG rating of 28Hwy, 24 city, 26 combined is just a pipe dream.
I am averaging 22 MPG and my 100 mile round trip commute is 90% wide open interstate (no traffic to content with).
I always watch to make sure the 'ECO' indicator is lit and still only 22MPG.
Took the car to the dealer.
They 'checked it out', test drove it (with same results as my experience) and called Mitsubishi Tech.
Their answer, "Yup, that's what you can expect"

??? I'll have to get back to ya on this one.

MPG Handling/stability If you're not getting MPG, you should get better performance

Great SUV
By dailydriver7

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Very pleased with this SUV after having it a couple of months now.
I hear people complain about how their Bluetooth or other features do not work right on their cars, but mine does and everything else works well too.
No problems at all.
In 80%highway at 70 mph/20%city driving, I was averaging about 28 mpg, but once I passed the 2,000 mile break in period it has jumped to about 31 mpg (could also be the switch over from the winter gas at the stations too).
This is actual mileage, where I do the math after filling up at the gas station.
The trip meter seems to understate mileage a little bit. This SUV also has sharp looks and is well built.
It's my first Mitsubishi and I am impressed.

This SUV is loaded with features that cost many thousands more from the other automakers and they all work well. Bluetooth is my favorite - it comes across crisp and clear without any dropped phone calls.

Make DRL standard on this SUV. The build quality of this vehicle is on par with the Toyota I also own, but Toyota makes the DRL standard.

Mitsubishi deserves to fail
By cwd986

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Where to start...rattles galore on a brand new car, idle that wants to destroy itself by jumping into the 3,000 rpm range after the first clutch engagement, that obnoxious chime that you can't disable when the temp hits 37 degrees.
Oh, and come to find out my "new" car was damaged in transit, repainted, and the damage was not disclosed.
When I called Mitsubishi about the body damage they wouldn't tell me how much they paid the dealer to fix the damage or sanction the dealer for non-disclosure; in fact, they were no help at all.
In my opinion Mitsubishi deserves to go the way of Suzuki and disappear from the American market.

Link system.

Don't sell damaged cars as new (didn't Mitsubishi have a problem with that in Japan, too?). Get rid of the rattles. I can read the outside temperature display; get rid of or make it so the consumer can disable the "reminder".