Used 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:

Shoulda bought a Subaru
By captain766

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I only had 2 concerns requirements for a new car, higher seating position and descent MPG. With those requirements I completely expected the performance would not impress. The Outlander Sport certainly delivers on that expectation. Very unimpressive. The MPG rating of 28Hwy, 24 city, 26 combined is just a pipe dream. I am averaging 22 MPG and my 100 mile round trip commute is 90% wide open interstate (no traffic to content with). I always watch to make sure the 'ECO' indicator is lit and still only 22MPG. Took the car to the dealer. They 'checked it out', test drove it (with same results as my experience) and called Mitsubishi Tech. Their answer, "Yup, that's what you can expect"

??? I'll have to get back to ya on this one.

MPG Handling/stability If you're not getting MPG, you should get better performance

Great SUV
By dailydriver7

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Very pleased with this SUV after having it a couple of months now. I hear people complain about how their Bluetooth or other features do not work right on their cars, but mine does and everything else works well too. No problems at all. In 80%highway at 70 mph/20%city driving, I was averaging about 28 mpg, but once I passed the 2,000 mile break in period it has jumped to about 31 mpg (could also be the switch over from the winter gas at the stations too). This is actual mileage, where I do the math after filling up at the gas station. The trip meter seems to understate mileage a little bit. This SUV also has sharp looks and is well built. It's my first Mitsubishi and I am impressed.

This SUV is loaded with features that cost many thousands more from the other automakers and they all work well. Bluetooth is my favorite - it comes across crisp and clear without any dropped phone calls.

Make DRL standard on this SUV. The build quality of this vehicle is on par with the Toyota I also own, but Toyota makes the DRL standard.

Mitsubishi deserves to fail
By cwd986

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Where to start...rattles galore on a brand new car, idle that wants to destroy itself by jumping into the 3,000 rpm range after the first clutch engagement, that obnoxious chime that you can't disable when the temp hits 37 degrees. Oh, and come to find out my "new" car was damaged in transit, repainted, and the damage was not disclosed. When I called Mitsubishi about the body damage they wouldn't tell me how much they paid the dealer to fix the damage or sanction the dealer for non-disclosure; in fact, they were no help at all. In my opinion Mitsubishi deserves to go the way of Suzuki and disappear from the American market.

Link system.

Don't sell damaged cars as new (didn't Mitsubishi have a problem with that in Japan, too?). Get rid of the rattles. I can read the outside temperature display; get rid of or make it so the consumer can disable the "reminder".

Mitsubishi
By soaks

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Ok this will be brief and to the point. 1. 2006 Eclipse 2. 2006 Spyder 3. 2009 Spyder 4. 2011Spyder 5. 2011 Lancer 6. 2011 Outlander Sport ES 7. 2013 Outlander Sport SE No issues what so ever

Quality Options General over all look of the cars and CUV's.

More Commercials with owners describing their experience with Mitsubishi.

Hands down - this is the best SUV for your money!
By indianadad

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Mitsubishi does not do a good enough job marketing this vehicle. They are either pricing it to regain market share or the other brands are way overpriced. That being said, I had checked out most other small SUVs, focusing on the American & Japanese models. They are all in the 25-30K range to get the features this one has. With rebates and negotiations with the dealer I got this great quality SUV for about $19,200. For this price, who else gives 18" alloys, keyless ignition, fog lights, auto & adjustable HID headlights, tinted windows, auto heat/air, rain sensing wipers, super crisp LED multi-color info. display, wireless Bluetooth, 6 speaker satellite radio and much more??? No one!!!

The LED multi display is teaching me to drive for better gas mileage. I'm consistently in the upper 20s in daily driving now. It is actually kind of fun to look at the display and I like the way it says "See You" when I shut off the car. This SUV looks sharp, is loaded with features and drives well. The seats are comfy and you don't feel cramped at all, especially in the back seat. Also there is plenty of room to open the doors - that was one thing that bugged me when I looked at the Mazda CX-5. You have to twist your body to get out of their back seat. Mitsubishi also builds this SUV in central Illinois. I feel good that it's built by Americans!!!

A little more noise deadening material around the wheel wells. In normal weather, there is very minimal road noise throughout the car, but in the rain I will notice it from the wheels. Engine roars a bit during acceleration at the 15-30 mph range - maybe they can tune the transmission better for this.