2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:
perfect after the "Mom Van" is no longer needed!
By dir6 on 07/11/14 01:35 AM (PDT)

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great for the budget minded who no longer need a van, but have teens at home, and kids in college to pay for. I have owned this for a year- looks & performs like I just drove it off the lot. Phenomenal handling in torrential southern rain. Ice cold air. Very comfortable for long distance college runs, even for my husband and college football player. Kids argue over who is going to drive it- all phones ( iphone & android) hook up & function well with the FUSE system. No one is taking this to school- it's mine :)

So far, great car!
By lejean on 07/01/14 14:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2013 pearl white Outlander Sport in November, 2013. I have over 32,000 miles on it so far, not a bit of trouble. I usually read professional reviews before I buy anything but this time I didn't. My Ford Taurus was costing a fortune in repairs. I wanted good mileage and all the bells and whistles. I looked at Honda and various other cars, despite the higher prices, could not find the extras I wanted. The Outlander Sport fits the bill and more. After reading professional reviews, I was embarrassed for buying a so-called "loser". However, talking with other owners and my own experience, I'm so glad I didn't read before I bought. Mitsubishi needs to put out the word. Real bargain!

I own two outlander sports loaded
By raynor on 05/11/14 16:53 PM (PDT)

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I want to let you know that I and my wife own an outlander sport. mine is a 2013 pearl white, and my wifes car is a 2012 and neither of us will trade them we love them that much

Wishing for more
By mitsu_david on 10/16/13 16:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Wishing for better mileage - Got about 25 on my first all highway road trip. Not much better than I get in town. Maybe it will get better when the engine loosens up a little. Wishing for more performance - Not terrible but far from a "Sporty" experience Wishing for nicer finishes - nothing objectionable, but it seems it could be better with just a little effort Could not be happier with the deal, though. I would have had to pay several thousand more to get a Crossover I liked better. Warranty is great, too. I'm glad because my previous Monterro cost me a ton and was worth nothing when I traded it in.

Great Vehicle - Tons of Technology Features
By nyame on 07/11/13 10:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the vehicle about 3 months ago and I have logged just over 3,300 miles on it. It has a galore of technology features, comparable to any of the luxury vehicles out there, at a much affordable price. It looks great from the exterior and drives very smooth. The mpg rating for this vehicle is 24/31/27 but I am now averaging a combined mpg of 32, better than the official rating of 27. I calculate my mpg by dividing the total mileage travelled for a fill up by the amount of gas needed to bring the gas tank back to another fill up and I have done this 3 times. Of course, my city driving is only 20%, back-roads is 60% and highways is 20%.

Shoulda bought a Subaru
By captain766 on 06/05/13 06:03 AM (PDT)

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I only had 2 concerns requirements for a new car, higher seating position and descent MPG. With those requirements I completely expected the performance would not impress. The Outlander Sport certainly delivers on that expectation. Very unimpressive. The MPG rating of 28Hwy, 24 city, 26 combined is just a pipe dream. I am averaging 22 MPG and my 100 mile round trip commute is 90% wide open interstate (no traffic to content with). I always watch to make sure the 'ECO' indicator is lit and still only 22MPG. Took the car to the dealer. They 'checked it out', test drove it (with same results as my experience) and called Mitsubishi Tech. Their answer, "Yup, that's what you can expect"

Great SUV
By dailydriver7 on 04/13/13 05:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Very pleased with this SUV after having it a couple of months now. I hear people complain about how their Bluetooth or other features do not work right on their cars, but mine does and everything else works well too. No problems at all. In 80%highway at 70 mph/20%city driving, I was averaging about 28 mpg, but once I passed the 2,000 mile break in period it has jumped to about 31 mpg (could also be the switch over from the winter gas at the stations too). This is actual mileage, where I do the math after filling up at the gas station. The trip meter seems to understate mileage a little bit. This SUV also has sharp looks and is well built. It's my first Mitsubishi and I am impressed.

Mitsubishi deserves to fail
By cwd986 on 04/11/13 12:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Where to start...rattles galore on a brand new car, idle that wants to destroy itself by jumping into the 3,000 rpm range after the first clutch engagement, that obnoxious chime that you can't disable when the temp hits 37 degrees. Oh, and come to find out my "new" car was damaged in transit, repainted, and the damage was not disclosed. When I called Mitsubishi about the body damage they wouldn't tell me how much they paid the dealer to fix the damage or sanction the dealer for non-disclosure; in fact, they were no help at all. In my opinion Mitsubishi deserves to go the way of Suzuki and disappear from the American market.

Mitsubishi
By soaks on 03/22/13 08:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Ok this will be brief and to the point. 1. 2006 Eclipse 2. 2006 Spyder 3. 2009 Spyder 4. 2011Spyder 5. 2011 Lancer 6. 2011 Outlander Sport ES 7. 2013 Outlander Sport SE No issues what so ever

Hands down - this is the best SUV for your money!
By indianadad on 02/27/13 14:38 PM (PST)

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Mitsubishi does not do a good enough job marketing this vehicle. They are either pricing it to regain market share or the other brands are way overpriced. That being said, I had checked out most other small SUVs, focusing on the American & Japanese models. They are all in the 25-30K range to get the features this one has. With rebates and negotiations with the dealer I got this great quality SUV for about $19,200. For this price, who else gives 18" alloys, keyless ignition, fog lights, auto & adjustable HID headlights, tinted windows, auto heat/air, rain sensing wipers, super crisp LED multi-color info. display, wireless Bluetooth, 6 speaker satellite radio and much more??? No one!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport in VA is:

$156 per month*