Used 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:

perfect after the "Mom Van" is no longer needed!
By dir6

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great for the budget minded who no longer need a van, but have teens at home, and kids in college to pay for. I have owned this for a year- looks & performs like I just drove it off the lot. Phenomenal handling in torrential southern rain. Ice cold air. Very comfortable for long distance college runs, even for my husband and college football player. Kids argue over who is going to drive it- all phones ( iphone & android) hook up & function well with the FUSE system. No one is taking this to school- it's mine :)

manual transmission, height adjustable seat, FUSE system, handling

longer wrap visors, arm rests on front seats

So far, great car!
By lejean

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2013 pearl white Outlander Sport in November, 2013. I have over 32,000 miles on it so far, not a bit of trouble. I usually read professional reviews before I buy anything but this time I didn't. My Ford Taurus was costing a fortune in repairs. I wanted good mileage and all the bells and whistles. I looked at Honda and various other cars, despite the higher prices, could not find the extras I wanted. The Outlander Sport fits the bill and more. After reading professional reviews, I was embarrassed for buying a so-called "loser". However, talking with other owners and my own experience, I'm so glad I didn't read before I bought. Mitsubishi needs to put out the word. Real bargain!

I own two outlander sports loaded
By raynor

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I want to let you know that I and my wife own an outlander sport. mine is a 2013 pearl white, and my wifes car is a 2012 and neither of us will trade them we love them that much

we both have moon roofs, back up cameras, hands free telephone, built in navigation, fosgate stereo, I have heated seats trailer hitch, auto head lights, auto wipers, we like all of the features that they come with, wife loves navigational the most and me I guess I would have to say the fosgate stereo with the big bass speaker in the back giving the stereo an awesome sound

I found that if you take off slow and stay with ECO light on you can get up to 30.1 miles to the gallon. but if you take off from a dead start you will get substanually less

Wishing for more
By mitsu_david

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Wishing for better mileage - Got about 25 on my first all highway road trip. Not much better than I get in town. Maybe it will get better when the engine loosens up a little. Wishing for more performance - Not terrible but far from a "Sporty" experience Wishing for nicer finishes - nothing objectionable, but it seems it could be better with just a little effort Could not be happier with the deal, though. I would have had to pay several thousand more to get a Crossover I liked better. Warranty is great, too. I'm glad because my previous Monterro cost me a ton and was worth nothing when I traded it in.

Comfort - Nice power seats on this model

Gearing on the CVT. The car seems to just wheeze off the line. Very meager acceleration. Kind of ironic considering the add tries to make it look sporty

Great Vehicle - Tons of Technology Features
By nyame

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the vehicle about 3 months ago and I have logged just over 3,300 miles on it. It has a galore of technology features, comparable to any of the luxury vehicles out there, at a much affordable price. It looks great from the exterior and drives very smooth. The mpg rating for this vehicle is 24/31/27 but I am now averaging a combined mpg of 32, better than the official rating of 27. I calculate my mpg by dividing the total mileage travelled for a fill up by the amount of gas needed to bring the gas tank back to another fill up and I have done this 3 times. Of course, my city driving is only 20%, back-roads is 60% and highways is 20%.

My favorite feature is the panoramic roof that I love to open when I am driving in the rain. It is really convenient using the keyless ignition starter and the keyless entry features. In fact, I don't use the vehicle keys for anything, all that I have to do is to keep it on my body and I can open and lock my doors, and also start and shutdown the engine. Two adults can comfortably fit into the back seat.

The engine/road noise in the cabin is a bit higher than normal and I hope Mitsubishi will improve that in the next design. The CVT drive mode is also sluggish on takeoff. Fortunately, the sport mode driving with the paddle shifters provides much power on takeoff if you are not happy with the sluggish take off. On quality control, I found out my bluetooth was not functional when I picked up the vehicle from the dealership. I called Mitsubishi and I was assigned a case manager. I took the vehicle back to the Mitsubishi mechanic and they found out that the wire to the bluetooth system in the MMCS was never connected during the assembly of the unit.