2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Review: Chick car

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 4x4 CVT Automatic)

Chick car
By kukusa on

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I purchased a fully loaded RVR (as they call it here in Canada) in the summer of 2012. It was mostly me rather than my wife who was sold on this car's styling. However, in less than a year, we decided to traded it in for a european station wagon and it turned out to be our best car purchasing decision. Having said that, our biggest complain was actually the ride height. The Mitsubishi is in fact a well put together package at a bargain price. We had drove the new Escape, MX-5 and Forester prior to the Mitsubishi but we didn't like any of them even they are more expensive. We didn't pick the wrong crossover, we simply picked the wrong car segment.

Favorite Features

Big sunroof, audio system, connectivity and overall styling. But then, none of above actually has anything to do with the car itself.

Suggested Improvements

The rear luggage compartment has a weird length. It is about 1-2 inch shorter a standard 28' suitcase, which means you can't use all that space efficiently if you have multiple suitcases. Legroom is good for backseat passengers, but that comes at the expense of a short seating length. The resulting tight support is poor, especially for back seat passengers. The seats gets uncomfortable over longer road trips. At last, the CVT. Mitsubishi, I hope you are reading this. Please make it as good as Nissan or Honda's, or just through in a standard automatic. Also, make a turbo charged Ralliart version so you do have something that's actually sporty.