2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:
Love it!
By meggiemay on 09/03/14 13:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2012 Outlander Sport with 12,000 miles on it a little over a month ago, upgrading from a '06 Cobalt Coupe. All I can say is that I absolutely love this car and have no regrets making the purchase. I read every possible review on the vehicle I could find before making the purchase, so I thought it would be helpful to post my thoughts on the car. Overall I feel like a got a affordable yet reliable SUV with all the features of a more "luxury" brand.

Chick car
By kukusa on 10/31/13 01:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I purchased a fully loaded RVR (as they call it here in Canada) in the summer of 2012. It was mostly me rather than my wife who was sold on this car's styling. However, in less than a year, we decided to traded it in for a european station wagon and it turned out to be our best car purchasing decision. Having said that, our biggest complain was actually the ride height. The Mitsubishi is in fact a well put together package at a bargain price. We had drove the new Escape, MX-5 and Forester prior to the Mitsubishi but we didn't like any of them even they are more expensive. We didn't pick the wrong crossover, we simply picked the wrong car segment.

It looks better than it is
By jacobmunden on 09/17/13 10:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Really, the title says it all. I got my fully optioned AWD outlander sport in 2012 and have put around 10,000 miles on it. As far as reliability, its been great, though you'd expect that from a brand new car. The driveability of the car is far from sporty. While it may be AWD with paddle shifters, it doesnt offer much fun to the driver. The gas mileage on it is absolutely average. I do have to say, it looks pretty good on the outside, especially with the rim package! If you're looking for a car with good gas mileage or a bit more performance, look elsewhere.

A fun city car
By ecidloc on 02/03/13 22:10 PM (PST)

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned this car for more than 7 months and everything has been performing very consistently. I like this car's interior layout much better than most of its Japanese competitors, like Honda, Subaru, Mazda and etc. The exterior is also one of the sharpest. This car is excellent for city driving, nimble, reliable, fuel efficient and easy to park. Don't listen to Edmunds review, this is a car meant for day to day driving, it should not be reviewed as a sports car. If that's what you are looking for, look else where.

Freshest crossover on the road
By zx_knight on 12/31/12 05:36 AM (PST)

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Power- Its lacking in this area in comparison to the others in its class but the CVT tranny really makes good use of the 148hp. It gets a little fun when using the paddle shifter (The paddle shifter sold me on the car). Only issue I have is that you cant tow anything, I dont know how that compars to the rest but its a forgivable issue. Suspension- This little truck could out handle alot of cars. Definitely shines above the rest, especially in 4wd mode :). Seating- Im 6"1 and have 2 children in car seats and we fit with little issue. Im a lil cramped in the leg department but I could still do long distance trip in it easy. I even talked my sister in to buying one. There fresh

Best value compact SUV
By zagno83 on 10/29/12 08:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We just picked up an SE model with a lot of accessories including leather, it is a 2012 model in pearl white. After a bout 2 weeks of testing cars and reading reviews, this is IMO the best value out there, i always liked MITSU. product and this car has a great design and a host of cool features for a very good price and fuel economy. Dont trust the so called "expert" reviews, they are too severe with it, but if u read the consumers reviews they are very good. When i first test drove the car it felt slow, sluggish and noisy, well it is a lil bit, however after a long second test drive i realize that it takes time to learn this CVT transmission. Overall best value out there!!!!

Top ten worst car in 2011
By soaks on 10/23/12 05:26 AM (PDT)

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My CUV has a noisy cvt transmission. My CUV has low powered 145 hp engine. My CUV also has a music usb music port. My CUV also has a mpg monitoring system. My CUV get's up to 36 mpg. My CUV goes up to 2 or 3 weeks without refueling. My CUV cost less than most CUV's and has more standard features than most CUV's in it's class. My CUV has taught me how to drive during these high priced gas prices. My CUV looks great! My CUV has not ever had a repair issue. My CUV can go beyond the posted speed limit. Including this CUV I have bought 6 cars from Mitsubishi's My CUV is a 2012 Outlander Sport! I plan to keep this Outlander Sport forever.

Great Economical Choice!!!
By happydriver82 on 09/24/12 06:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Great overall car for your buck! Before purchasing I read reviews that the performance was on the slow side however its not ment to be a rocket. Realistically it is a 4cyl and still gets more then enough power to take off and if you need more you can use the manual mode to get that more reponsive take off and for passing. But thats how you are getting the most out of your gas tank. Even the standard features such as the bluetooth, paddles on steering for manual, USB are not normally in base models and Mitsubishi is giving it away! Over all great gas milage, smooth ride, roomy, which I wasnt expecting, and sporty exterior. Great Price!

Nice, HighTech SUV for a great price
By southbaydriver on 08/29/12 14:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I got a loaded SE AWD. The car is great. It does take a little while to get used to the way the CVT behaves. Once I got over that, I really like the car. Comfortable, quiet and the interior is very elegant in a minimalistic way. The sound system (Rockford Fosgate) is the best I've seen. The bluetooh integration with my phone is great. Not only it handles phone calls but it also plays the music from my smartphone automatically. I just get in the car and it remembers all of the settings. I am very happy with the car

I'm glad I didn't trust Edmunds review
By shipleyclan on 07/19/12 17:23 PM (PDT)

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It's unbelievable to me that Edmunds "professional" editors give this excellent car an average rating. The Outlander Sport, which is different from the bigger Outlander CUV, boasts top safety ratings from the insurance institute and the government, very agreeable handling and acceleration, eyecatching styling, and high build quality. The drivetrain is smooth. It's not a race car, but it's got eager power and makes a comfortable ride. The value for the price is excellent. Sure it's no BMW or Volvo but buck for buck this is an unbeatable car for every day driving fun. I really love this car, every bit of it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.