Very Pleased
By boehm421 on
2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Recently purchased my Outlander Sport after looking at the Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tuscon. Read some reviews indicating it is very loud and under-powered. I have found the power to be more than adequate and engine noise to be a non-issue as well. If you are a lead foot, engine noise will be louder than usual due to the CVT transmission. The car makes use of higher RPM's to power the car for quick acceleration. This has to do with the fact that a CVT does not "shift". It's basically one large gear. The car feels well made. I am very happy to own this car after trading in a Mercedes Benz ML320. I do mostly city driving/ short trips and get about 23 mpg, which is a vast improvement for me.
Favorite Features
Love the styling. The car looks awesome. Standard HID, adjustable headlights are great. Rockford Fosgate Stereo/ Navigation system with giant subwoofer is fantastic. The huge panoramic sunroof with LED illumination package gives the car a luxury feel. I had the dealer add a complete leather package for $1250. It looks and feels like it came from the factory and carries a warranty backed by Mitsubishi. The Nav system works great and the bluetooth link to my Blackberry is fantastic. I stream music from it and can even control it through the steering wheel controls.
Suggested Improvements
The dash could use a bit more bling, but for about 160 bucks, you can buy an aftermarket dash kit in wood, carbon fiber, or brushed aluminum. That will solve that issue. I really have no complaints about this car and my mechanic assured me that Mitsubishi makes VERY reliable cars. (he has one too)
By mitsubishi27
on 08/12/12 22:12 PM (PDT)

is yours a little loud when you first start it up in the morning when its cold? it makes a loud, almost groaning type noise as it starts to idle down from the initial start up? (nothing alarming) I just bought a 2011 SE with 5200 miles on it and when I first "cold" started it I couldnt tell if that was normal or maybe something was wrong with it. And reading your review I feel better about the engine noise when accelerating (which going into this I knew about but I feel more reassured now). I bought the car from CarMax so I trust there whole thoroughness in inspecting the car but I just can't tell if the cold start noise is normal or not. Otherwise I LOVE this car, I am so happy with it.