Used 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander-sport - Consumer Reviews

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:

Hard to decide if I like it...
By strand83

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am now beginning to understand why the Mitsubishi dealer had so many Outlander Sports and why I got a price under $16k. While this car looks amazing and offers a lot for the price, Mitsubishi definitely cut some corners. I have two main issues with this vehicle: 1. Suspension - Try driving one on the freeway at 65 MPH and you will feel the car be thrown around by the ruts and grooves in the road. It is much more noticeable than most cars because of the soft suspension. 2. MIVEC valve timing - My Outlander Sport has less than 2500 miles on it. I have had 3 check engine lights. The dealer says the computer needs a reset due to timing. Obviously the MIVEC hasn't been completely sorted out.

Favorite Features

The bluetooth and voice command for ipod control are great features that you won't find on many other vehicles under $20k.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension needs to be a bit more stiff. Engine problems might be random but who knows if there will be a fix for that.

I LOVE this SUV!!!
By lc8128

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This thing gets as good mileage as my econo-box hatchback w/5-speed. I drive 60/40 Hwy/City and have been averaging 29/mpg!!! I bought the base model because I was trying to keep the cost down. I am really surprised at all the features that are STANDARD. Between the look of the vehicle, interior, electronics, & performance - this SUV has to be one of the best values out there. Good job Mitsubishi!!!

Favorite Features

The built-in Bluetooth phone/device interface and the iPod interface.

Suggested Improvements

Have cup holders as standard in the back. Also make the rear cargo cover (rear deck) standard.