2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:
Reliable, but uninspiring
By darkcoupon on 09/02/14 09:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been very reliable. I bought mine in fall of 2011 and, apart from regular maintenance, this car hasn't seen any time back at the dealership. The rest of the car, though, is rather unimpressive. Despite the sporty exterior, the underpowered engine makes this car beyond boring to drive and inspires no confidence when needed. The poor engine would almost be forgivable if the car achieved the advertised gas mileage, but after nearly 3 years of ownership I still average around 20mpg City and 25mpg Highway. This is mostly due to the fact that the pedal needs to be on the floor most of the time to keep up with traffic. Mitsu would have been much better off including their 2.4L engine.

Great Crossover, would be better 6 cylinders
By sjcruiser36 on 06/05/14 14:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this vehicle since October 2012. My check engine light just came on, and the code at AutoZones states its the oxygen sensor. Hopefully this is covered by the warranty since I only have 18,000 miles on it. Other than this issue, I haven't had any others issues with it. It would be better with a 6 cylinder engine, and if the current engine didn't make the clicking noise, but its apart of the design. I haven't had any road noise issues, and she gets pretty good gas mileage especially when I'm paying attention to the green fuel efficiency line. The ride is comfortable for me, and others who are driving or are in the back seat, and the cargo space is enough for most needs.

Good car for the money
By mitsudriver1 on 09/25/12 11:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have about 30K miles on my Outlander Sport. I purchased this car for commuting and general running about in the city. It took a little getting used to since I have been driving a Large SUV with V-8 power for the last 15 years. With that said this car is adequate for what it does. ITs not a very quick off the line but if you use the paddle shifters it helps. Once up to speed it moves nicely and cruises at 75-80 mph with ease. I have found it to be pretty versitile considering its size. I am able to haul around bicycles, potting soil, plants etc. I have averaged between 26-28 mpg in mixed city/hwy driving and I don't baby this car. The handeling is very car like and generally comfortable

I love this car!
By loiscae on 09/06/12 08:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Absolutely love everything about this car. Ive only had it a few months so I cant give it a 5 rating on reliability until Ive had it longer.

Very Pleased
By boehm421 on 03/25/12 22:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Recently purchased my Outlander Sport after looking at the Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tuscon. Read some reviews indicating it is very loud and under-powered. I have found the power to be more than adequate and engine noise to be a non-issue as well. If you are a lead foot, engine noise will be louder than usual due to the CVT transmission. The car makes use of higher RPM's to power the car for quick acceleration. This has to do with the fact that a CVT does not "shift". It's basically one large gear. The car feels well made. I am very happy to own this car after trading in a Mercedes Benz ML320. I do mostly city driving/ short trips and get about 23 mpg, which is a vast improvement for me.

Inexpensive but has design issues
By danb61 on 03/06/12 20:27 PM (PST)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The Pros-good looking, simple but functional interior, comfortable seating, 2WD/AWD/4WD simple switch, good visibility, AWD/4WD worked very well in snow, smooth 6 speed transmission, inexpensive, good visibility The Cons-gas mileage lower than advertised, drops dramatically over 60 mph, engine struggles at higher interstate speeds, excessive road noise, wonders on the interstate, large pillars are blind spots, A/C causes engine to drop to 400 rpm, idling rough, surges to 1500 rpm with A/C on and causes vehicle to accelerate, difficult starting, stong, outgassing new car smell

Perfect City Cross Over
By ivand1 on 11/06/11 08:53 AM (PST)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my wife and based on her feedback the vehicle is simply awesome! I personally feel the engine lacks some power considering the weight of the vehicle; however, knowing how to use the paddle shifters do compensate for it, at the end, it all depends greatly on the driving style. On the other hand, features are above the expectations - got to love the blue Tooth connectivity, it's also spacious and priced around right. At the end, I firmly believe this vehicle is conceived with a female target in mind and for that they did get it right!

mits outlander sport nav system
By sysmark on 10/21/11 19:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased a 2011 mits outlander sport with nav and what a ripoff! The maps are outdated (2009), will not locate or direct to streets that have been built since 2005. Even my old Tom Tom sees these roads. Paid $2000.00+ and you get a 2009 map? I called the dealer (said that is the latest ) and Mits directly and have not heard a word from them. DON'T BUY THE NAV IF YOU ARE BUYING A NEW MITS AUTO!!! I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL MITS AUTO BUYER SINCE THE 90'S (3000GT VR4, MONTERO, OUTLANDER, AND NOW OUTLANDER SPORT) Make sure you ask the right question before purchasing.

Hard to decide if I like it...
By strand83 on 09/28/11 08:27 AM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am now beginning to understand why the Mitsubishi dealer had so many Outlander Sports and why I got a price under $16k. While this car looks amazing and offers a lot for the price, Mitsubishi definitely cut some corners. I have two main issues with this vehicle: 1. Suspension - Try driving one on the freeway at 65 MPH and you will feel the car be thrown around by the ruts and grooves in the road. It is much more noticeable than most cars because of the soft suspension. 2. MIVEC valve timing - My Outlander Sport has less than 2500 miles on it. I have had 3 check engine lights. The dealer says the computer needs a reset due to timing. Obviously the MIVEC hasn't been completely sorted out.

I LOVE this SUV!!!
By lc8128 on 08/10/11 13:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This thing gets as good mileage as my econo-box hatchback w/5-speed. I drive 60/40 Hwy/City and have been averaging 29/mpg!!! I bought the base model because I was trying to keep the cost down. I am really surprised at all the features that are STANDARD. Between the look of the vehicle, interior, electronics, & performance - this SUV has to be one of the best values out there. Good job Mitsubishi!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.