2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV - Consumer Reviews

Limited 3.8L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )
Excellent Truck
By seminole_67 on 12/02/09 22:55 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted one of these when they changed the body style in 2000. I now have the last Black Limited in my area. It is by far a great vehicle. Comfy, roomy, leather, heated seats, moonroof, all a plus. It has excellent quality, no issues what-so-ever to date. I get many complements on my truck, as many people haven't had the pleasure to have seen the Montero Limited. Coming from a 1998 Expedition, this was big change for me. I had looked at the Toureag, H3, and Aspen, this is the one I came away with. I am truly happy. Would buy another one.

The ALL purpose Montero
By mrhouse on 12/14/07 18:00 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Montero. I love these vehicles and they have a great history. Classy and rugged at the same time.

2006 Mitsubishi Montero
By Duncan on 09/20/07 06:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent off road performance; especially in snow and ice. Top interior features, comparable to a Lexus. Could use more power, maybe a turbo diesel engine for mileage and performance. Uses 93 octane, probably a good thing but it does cost more, and makes me more fuel conscious. All around I am pretty happy.

Go Buy One - You Won't Regret it!
By WRM on 11/16/06 10:37 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My wife wanted her SUV back after a year driving an economy car. I bought her a Montero Limited and she loves it - it is just the right SUV for a woman, she says. It is easy to drive, has a great warranty, 5 years of roadside assistance, it is comfortable, roomy, has easy to use 4WD, etc. She was so happy I brought this truck home. She had a Ford Explorer last time and said the Montero beats the Explorer by a mile. This SUV is well built, rides smoothly, looks great, and I like it too. I stand 6'3" tall and I can ride in this SUV no problem. Take the time to test drive this SUV and compare it to what you want to buy. Oh, my wife loves the rear tail gate. It swings out like a gate and is very easy to use. Try it out!

Montero
By richtylenda on 09/13/06 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased the vehicle and I am completely satisfied. It is more than I had expected.

The Best SUV Out There!
By renee moonan on 09/11/06 18:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The driving expierence in the 2006 Mitsubishi Montero is delightful. It drives through everything possible. It may be the thoughest SUV out there!

Montero
By Beaulieu on 09/11/06 06:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I love our Montero. The off-road handling is awesome, the independent suspention does a great job absorbing the bumps and keeping you in control. The engine has a bit less horsepower than other models but the gearing in the transmission makes up for it. The vehicle looks awesome, like your ready for the Paris-Dakar. With this one, we probably could run it! We have approximately 50,000 miles on it and have had NO warranty or miscelaneous issues at all with the vehicle. We have 2.5 year old triplet boys, we can fit all three in forward facing car seats in the 2nd row and still have the rear cargo area left. We picked the perfect vehicle for winter fun, beach fun and all round daily driving.

Excellent choice.
By JD on 03/20/06 18:41 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have very specific yet opposing auto needs; weekdays I occasionally drive executive clients around LA/Hollywood; weekends I off-road, rock climb, surf, snowboard, camp, etc. After copious amounts of research, I purchased a new Carbon Grey Metallic Montero Limited. What an exceptional vehicle at a great price.

Love My Montero
By Ray on 01/27/06 10:33 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I rented a 2006 white Mitsubishi Montero SUV in Fort Lauderdale in October 2005 for 4 days. I fell in love with the entire structure and feel about this beautiful vehicle. The funny thing is that I didn't want to rent a SUV, I wanted a luxury car to drive on my vacation. I week after I got home I purchased a new 2006 Mitsubishi Montero for myself. I love it.

My Second Montero
By Ronnie on 12/30/05 09:29 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Mitsubishi Montero, I still have my first one 1998). The performance is more than I need, I don't need more of a gas-eater when gas costs $3.00 per gallon. This Montero is fast, shift smoothly, has good fuel economy and I feel safe in it. If I were to tow anything, I have all the pep that I need. I compared the Montero to the Dodge Durango, but I have had past service problems with Dodge dealers. Ford Explorers' double timing belt costs $2,000 to replace. The Volkswagen Touareg and BMW X5 are way out of my budget. Even the Toyotas in this segment are expensive. My Montero is a 2006 XLS. I got it at a "Buy It Here" lot in Puerto Rico. I paid $29,000 for it. I decided not to pay $34,000 for the Montero Limited with leather, moonroof, and wood dash. I didn't need the DVD system either.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.