Used 2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

Limited 3.8L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

Excellent Truck
By seminole_67

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted one of these when they changed the body style in 2000. I now have the last Black Limited in my area. It is by far a great vehicle. Comfy, roomy, leather, heated seats, moonroof, all a plus. It has excellent quality, no issues what-so-ever to date. I get many complements on my truck, as many people haven't had the pleasure to have seen the Montero Limited. Coming from a 1998 Expedition, this was big change for me. I had looked at the Toureag, H3, and Aspen, this is the one I came away with. I am truly happy. Would buy another one.

Favorite Features

Leather, Heated Seats, moonroof, DVD player. Separate Front/rear climate controls

Suggested Improvements

Would like to have the Nav, as well as steering wheel controls for the radio and climate control.

The ALL purpose Montero
By mrhouse

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Montero. I love these vehicles and they have a great history. Classy and rugged at the same time.

Favorite Features

4wd system is unmatched, except maybe the Landrover. Unique design

Suggested Improvements

Improved fuel efficiency and power would help a little, but I don't expect quick acceleration in a offroad SUV.

2006 Mitsubishi Montero
By Duncan

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent off road performance; especially in snow and ice. Top interior features, comparable to a Lexus. Could use more power, maybe a turbo diesel engine for mileage and performance. Uses 93 octane, probably a good thing but it does cost more, and makes me more fuel conscious. All around I am pretty happy.

Favorite Features

Interior, heated seats, excellent climate control. Top safety features, has the feeling of "built like a tank." Neat exterior styling, but it may not be for everyone. Top notch off road performance, I'll put it up against any unmodified SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Turbo diesel engine for performance, towing and fuel mileage.

Go Buy One - You Won't Regret it!
By WRM

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My wife wanted her SUV back after a year driving an economy car. I bought her a Montero Limited and she loves it - it is just the right SUV for a woman, she says. It is easy to drive, has a great warranty, 5 years of roadside assistance, it is comfortable, roomy, has easy to use 4WD, etc. She was so happy I brought this truck home. She had a Ford Explorer last time and said the Montero beats the Explorer by a mile. This SUV is well built, rides smoothly, looks great, and I like it too. I stand 6'3" tall and I can ride in this SUV no problem. Take the time to test drive this SUV and compare it to what you want to buy. Oh, my wife loves the rear tail gate. It swings out like a gate and is very easy to use. Try it out!

Favorite Features

The ride is smooth and quiet. It is easy to shift into 4WD on the fly. It is easy to check all the fluids under the hood while filling up. The tailgate swings like a gate and is easy to use if you are a woman. It has terrific high beams, very comfortable seats, and lots of head room for the the guys.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of one right now.

Montero
By richtylenda

2006 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased the vehicle and I am completely satisfied. It is more than I had expected.

Favorite Features

The ride is comparable to any car that I have owned

Suggested Improvements

It should get better gas mileage.