2005 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

Limited 3.8L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )
Love Monteros
By hard2please on 08/25/06 00:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The only gripe I have is this vehicle should be two inches wider and two inches shorter. I am not a boulevard cruiser and use this vehicle to get me to some pretty rough terrain here in Oregon. This is my fourth one and I will snub Mitsubishi for not keeping this line going. It is a tough truck with a quality build and it holds up well on USFS roads and trails, unlike the Endeavor, which cannot clear rocks and ruts. Who supplies the paint for these vehicles? It has a deep finish and holds up to backroad rocks. Good job on the Monteros, Mitsubishi!

Montero #2
By saundra Anderson on 08/16/06 11:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The Montero handles like a small car with SUV capabilities. It tows 5000 pounds without a problem. Its third seat is a bit cramped for an adult though. I dislike the spare tire on the tailgate because it makes the trailer hitch difficult to access. I plan to purchase Montero #3 soon.

Great Mitsubishi
By Fred Wittmer on 07/21/06 11:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Our '05 Montero Limited is a great vehicle. It rides like a car. It has plenty of room with great amenities. It gets pretty good gas mileage on the highway, but it is no so good around town. I would recommend it to anyone.

Gutless
By Dwyson on 07/10/06 21:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The Mitsubishi Montero has no power for towing. Even small trailers are a project. Towing a single axle with 2 small ATVs we get 6 miles to the gallon on the freeway. Tthis truck is fun to drive and great off road, but if you try to tow anything you will be very dissappointed.

My Montero
By james browning on 12/26/05 00:35 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Montero very much. It is really fun to drive. It has great cargo space. It has very comfortable seating. It has a very good stereo.

Love
By chris on 11/03/05 19:52 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

No one can quite explain the love someone has for their vehicle, but the love with my 2005 Mitsubishi Montero is unconditional. The way it handes is wonderful. It has sophisticated looks great torque. This truck is great for all roads, with its different 4WD modes and shiftomatic options. I ablolutly love this truck it is the best and I would recomend it to anyone. My friends say that it is very good looking for a sixteen year old vehicle. Everyone tells me my truck is the hottest one in the parking lot. It gets great gas mileage. I say this proudly, it is not just an SUV it is a Mitsubishi Montero.

Great
By Debbyjo on 07/25/05 17:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I love it......It's so roomy and it has just the right amount of power. I would buy it all over again.

Montero
By Brian K. on 07/17/05 09:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with overall performance of the vehicle. One criticism the vehicle had was acceleration, and that is unnoticeable. We have a family of four and with all passengers in car we have more than ample acceleration. We are definitely pleased with the vehicle.

My new Toy
By BritishGirl on 07/08/05 22:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I got this vehicle just last month and I have to say this meets all of my needs. It has the luxury I wanted. The drive I enjoy, looks great, makes me HAPPY.

my new Mitsubishi
By robert on 06/16/05 21:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

When driving my new Montero from Michigan to Florida and back I was able to find a lot of new reasons to like my new SUV. The head rest you can easily lean back on, the 7 disks of music I had loaded, the automatic air control for front and for back. The leather heated seats is awesome in the winter and the sunroof is immense in the summer. The ride is so smooth over the pothole and ruts of northern roads as well as easy over off road conditions. Power everything! All the other joys I have yet to discover.