2004 Mitsubishi Montero Consumer Review: 3rd Montero

2004 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

3rd Montero
By Vicvizual on

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Why is this my third Montero ?? I've been around many vehicles and cannot find a better bang for my bucks, and great quality and reliability are by far its greatest features. I have never had to worry about being stranded or inconvenienced with a breakdown. Too many people have never had the experience to own a "worry-free" vehicle like this one. Many have come to believe that changing an alternator, starter, or similar unit is a common maintenance procedure (Most domestic designed vehicles). This is not so with a well-engineered such as Mitsubishi's Montero. Even with delayed maintenance, the Monteros I have owned performed like new until the day I traded them in.

Quality, Performance, heated seats, sun roof, power seats, great motor and transmission combo (I've blown away many larger V8 SUV's and climb hills effortlessly). This is my third Montero, even after test driving my dream car Range Rover HSE, which failed in comparison for overall value.

Modern Accessory Options, such as GPS Navigation, XM radio, etc. Exterior needs to return to a more macho look. Newer body style at rear is a bit fru-fru for me, unless it is black. It reminds me of a fertility idol with voluptuous hips. Improve Mitsubishi marketing. Self-esteem seems low.