2004 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

Limited 3.8L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )
Exnlt choice
By twinn on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I read reviews that the Montero lacked power. Well, I am a senior citizen who no longer has to drive every vehicle like it is a Porsche. This vehicle has enough power for me. However, during mountain driving, the 5 speed auto will down shift to lower gears and it is a bit sluggish. Gas mileage is not that great, but it is an SUV and none of them get good gas mileage. The third row seat is not intended for adults to get in and out; it is for children or very flexible adults.

4th Time around
By 4thOne Bought on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Montero - each traded at 100000-125000 miles. Each has been extremely reliable, particularly off road. Highway ride is smooth although this new one seems louder than my previous '98. With the 3rd seat out the rear is a cavern. The second seat is comfortable even on long trips. Even with the new larger engine it still seems a bit underpowered off the line but cruises effortlesly on the turnpikes. The 2 wheel/4 wheel/all wheel drive system is the best anywhere that I have experienced. It has the feel, fit and finish of a LandCruiser for a lot less money. This is a very underrated vehicle in the US.

Mitsu rocks
By IanC on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Montero - the first I traded after 120000 miles in 2 years - lots of driving and nevr missed a beat. The 3.8 has improved the power enough that when you need it it is there. I commute 45 miles each way daily and nevr get tired of the Mitsu - this vehicle is a hidden gem. The 3rd row seat we only use occasionaly and it is tight but for the kids they are fine. The turning radius is great - a lot easier to park than the domestic bohemouths like the Tahoe. If you looking for a compact well built, occasional 7 passenger that will fit easily anywhere - the mitsu has it !! Great Vehicle - compleely underrated by most. Will continue to buy.

disapointed
By maciek on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

underpower , week exterior , front bumper damage in 20 mph crash .power window mechanizm freez up in winter , rear doors bottom part over rear fender dirt collector , srs slip controll system somthing like abs prewenting from good off road capabiity spetialy on snow .great interior , center consol all instruments right location , third row seat to small , children size like .

Great SUV
By KSt13 on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Montero. It is a pleasure to drive, has lots of room and has a very refined interior. The drive train is where the real fun starts. The engine and transmission work well together for good acceleration and a quite but powerful driving experience.

Awesome Luxury Vehicle
By jct1975 on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

For the money I don't think there is any Luxury Sport Utility that matches the Montero feature for feature. The ride and handling of this beautiful SUV is wonderful A+A+

mm good
By nursesindy on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

what it lacks in fuel economy it makes up for in looks, handling (both on & off road), comfort & reliability. I travel a lot of dirt "roads" & have used the 4 wheel drive a good bit & trust it fully.

Montero Limited
By W Hurst on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent overall vehicle. We enjoy its ride, driveability, and room. Plus its unique design continues to turn heads.

BEST RIDE
By DLRILEY418 on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

IN THE PAST I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL GM VEHICLES. THIS IS THE FIRST MISTSUBISHI. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE DRIVE AND RIDE. A BIG SUV WITHOUT THE THE OVERWHELMING FEEL. THIS IS A FUN, FUN DRIVE. PLENTY OF ROOM AND COMFORT. CAN I SAY MORE?

Good Car - Dealer Needs Work
By KStov on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My new Montero is a very well refined vehicle. Watch out if you buy at Skyline Mitsubishi, they play games with numbers in a big way. Too bad there isn't a John Elway Mitsubishi in North Metro Denver.