Used 2004 Mitsubishi Montero Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Montero

Limited 3.8L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

Great all around vehicle!
By Shirley Price

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Tired of being pelted with cigarettes, pushed around by wind, and being srayed with garbage truck 'stuff' I traded in my 2004 Toyota MR2 Spider for a Mitsubishi Montero Limited. The Limited has great pick up, a luxury car ride, and every creature comfort. I no longer fear aggressive / distraced drivers, bad weather, not so safe neighborhoods, or buying too many groceries. Its gas mileage isn't great, but I knew this before purchase. My cost for insurance was a surprise, I guess the rate assumes if I were to hit something it will be flattened. Maybe that's why I like her so much; the Montero is a great mixture of luxury, beauty and brawn.

Favorite Features

The placement of the seats provides great visibility and comfort. They are equally suitable for short and tall drivers and passengers. The interior and exterior features and finishes are superb.

Suggested Improvements

Higher and better enforced dealership standards.

One of the Nicest SUV
By Monty 2004

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The Mitsubishi Montero is one of the best vehicles one can own. I can see people complaining about its fuel economy but which midsized SUV doesn't have bad fuel economyThe interior and exterior are excellent, extremely stylish. This truck is extremely comfortable.

Favorite Features

The huge sunroof, great stereo, very comfortable seats and ride, and manumatic transmission - with downhill speed control.

Suggested Improvements

Add a slide down rear window.

Great Value
By accprof1

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2004 model with the DVD entertainment system and so far are very happy with the purchase. The primary reason for purchasing this vehicle was the value that we were getting for the price. We got a vehicle with an MSRP of $36,074 for $18,500 plus our trade-in, which was a 2000 Montero Sport LS with 64,500 miles. The $5,000 generous rebate from Mitsubishi made it all possible.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design

Suggested Improvements

Do away with premium fuel, improve the comfort of the ride

I LOVE MY TRUCK
By Chris

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Very happy with this SUV. I do not regret purchasing it at all.

Favorite Features

Luxury, Style, Comfort, Enough Power.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation

hope this helps someone
By 2 Time Montero Owner

2004 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The things that keeps me from selling my montero with fuel prices on the rise is that it is awesome to drive, handles great, great driving visibility which makes me feel a lot safer driving in different types of conditions, comfortable driving on freeway or on a dirt road, and is as easy to park as a car. I'm not afraid to be a little rough on my montero because I know it can take it. Very cold A/C, lots of headroom, turns and handles like a car, high ground clearance. Downfalls are that the 3rd row seats are not intended for adults, is hard to wash, and carpet length is hard to vacuum. The good things still outweigh the bad. It is an awesome driving suv.

Favorite Features

Seat warmers, Great stereo, double glove boxes, large sunroof, 2nd row seats recline, rear A/C and Heat

Suggested Improvements

entertainment package, remote start engine, xm radio, navigation system, coin holder, fuel consumption, 2nd row seat need to be a little more plush to improve comfort during long trips