The best from what I could find/afford
By LeoSp on
2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)
I pick Montero Ltd, after previous accident where I was rear-ended my back was to sensative and not too many SUV's seats would make me comfortable. I sat and test drove many SUV's in mid-/high- 30K's range and none of them could make comfortable a 6'2" man. The only one that I like was a Toyota Landcruiser those seat were perfect but price of $58K quickly spook me away. Mitsubishi delear was extremely sweet and I was able to get a loaded Montero Ltd with prefer package for $31K. Plus I got an execelent value on my trade-off. It is approximatelly 2 months since I own my Montero and I am completely satisfied.
Favorite Features
COMFORTABLE SEATS. Creamy-rich leater interior. Crisp sound from sound system. 7-passangers seating capacity when I need. 4wd on-damand. Very good performance and handling for vehicle this size and weight. Quite interior (when all windows are up). Dial front/rear A/Cs.
Suggested Improvements
More legroom for 3rd row. More hp but not to much to sacrifise fuel economy. Rear view camera for backing up.The only glitch that I had (twice already) that fuel-to empty ounter on the computer display is not being reset is I am trying to add fuel while I have more than half-tank.