120k+, It keeps going and...
By Bryan Calnton on
2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)
I drive a steep and curvy mountain every day. At first I was a bit disappointed in the handling. I replaced the tires from the dealer and WOW! What a difference. I end up passing motorcycles over the mountain. (Do not try that at home.) It handles very well for a SUV. The gas mileage for what I put it through is great 17 mpg. I am a contractor, one day I pulled a tandem dump truck out of a steep driveway on one of my job sites. Saved me a wrecker bill. It was in 2LLC slow going but it did the job. I am so proud to own this Montero. Edmunds.com take another Montero out for a test drive, I guarantee if you change the tires you will change your mind.
Favorite Features
The trunk space in the back in addition to the spacious rear area. Perfect for my business. The stereo from infinity rocks. Side mirror defoggers what a treat. Lumbar support what a joy. Huge sun roof = tan on the go.
Suggested Improvements
Redesign the light control knob. I have accidentally turned my lights off when hurriedly trying to dim my lights. (Unnerving on a dark and curvy road!) Manual override to let down the antenna for off road and car wash situations.