More than esctatic
By dplumley on
2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)
After testing about 10 SUVs (and no worthy candidates for purchase in sight), I was immediately hooked on the Montero Limited. After owning it for 5 months, I love it even more than the day I drove it off the lot! It drives as smooth and fun as it looks, and is also as tough and well engineered as it looks (tested this in a serious collision - I walked away without a scratch thanks to the excellent impact absorbtion design). I have no idea why reviews of this vehicle are poor. I already plan, in 12 years, to trade this one in for whatever Montero Limited exists at that time. I only hope the price is as good then as it is now!!!!
Favorite Features
The safety engineering; exceptional visibility and oversized side mirrors; concert-hall sound system (at the highest volume, NO distortion); unique (read: not boring) styling inside and out; center differential lock; cigarette lighter and ash tray in the vehicle - totally classy!
Suggested Improvements
Sell the Montero with mud and traction tires, like other trucks with this level of off-road competence are sold. There is no reason to diminish the integrity of the Montero by selling it with inferior all-seasons.