2003 Mitsubishi Montero Consumer Review: Better Than the Rest

2003 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Better Than the Rest
By Greg Sampson on

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven my Montero for over 33,000 miles now and love it as much as the day I bought it. The exterior styling is attractive and the interior is just plain beautiful with high quality materials and design layout. It will haul a ton of gear with the back seats down and go almost anywhere. I am pleased with the acceleration, braking, handling and fuel economy (about 21 mpg on long trips). Check it on Edmunds.com against the other 2003 competition, like the Ford Explorer, Dodge Durango, Chevy (any of their SUVs), Nissan Pathfinder and even Toyota 4Runner. None rate higher in customer satisfaction. It is just an overall better vehicle. I have never had a problem with it.

Excellent 4 wheel drive system. Beautiful styling. High build quality.

The only complaint I have about the Montero has to do with it's rapid rate of depreciation. This decline in value has nothing to do with inferior quality though and I plan to keep mine for a long enough time that depreciation will not really be much of a factor.