2001 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montero model:
A sad ending
By chip on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

What consumer reports didn't say is that this is one of the safest trucks in america today. My wife was hit in a head on collision going highway speed by a kid in a toyota corolla--she walked away with soreness. His car was completely destroyed. The insurance adjuster had to declare it a loss, but it did the job it was supposed to do. We're going back for another.

The Best SUV ever
By samine on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

The Best SUV ever

I was driven now I'm awake and driving
By Jerry Haynes on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had planned to buy another Nissan Pathfinder when a friend of mine bought his 2001 Mit. Montero. After riding in it I started my internet reseach and I liked what I read and the design. I've had my Montero since Jan 2002 and I am quite glad I choice it. The room in my opinon exceeds the Pathfinder, and where the Pathfinder removed the rugged look of the tire rack, Montero made it more appealing. I am very happy with my new SUV.

No surprise why named KING OF OFFROAD
By bigk on 03/04/02 22:56 PM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is so luxurious almost non-SUV like. The quality of material used is superior to all other vehicles in it's class. For the price you will be happier than the Acura, Lexus RL300 and by all means happier than pathfinder, 4runner, explorer.... Test drive one for yourself and see the difference. I bought it on great reviews. Countries like Australia and China use this as their 'offroad' vehicle of choice.

Best bang for the buck!
By Mr. D on 02/18/02 22:02 PM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the Monetero after testing practically every full-size SUV. I was relocating from NV to OK and wanted a vehicle that had 4WD for the more inclement weather. Popped out the door for a hair over $30K (a steal when compared with competitors) and headed down the road. The vehicle is quiet and very comfortable on the open road. I have hit black ice in this vehicle and if she was going to flip then she would have. Price, curb appeal, and features make her a nice purchase.