Used 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mitsubishi Montero

View reviews for a specific Montero model:

My Montero
By Kory

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Montero is the perfect vehicle for any situation. It has provided me with all the requirements needed for driving an SUV. It has great off road capabilities and adapts to any environment very well. The interior is top quality and the special features are incredable.

Favorite Features

Offroad capabilities. Seat position combination posibilities. Top quality. The interior roominess. The extra large sunroof/moonroof. The excellent craftmanship.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

Wonderful SUV!!!
By Monty-Fan

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Now owned 6 mo. and driven 6,000 mi., and my opinion - as close to perfect as most things get! Sure it drinks gas. Sure it's no Porsche. And sure it's costly to purchase. What do you expect? It's a big, heavy, luxury SUV! It rides beautifully, is extraordinarily comfortable, has premium "touch & feel", and is just plain lovable!! I drove nearly every SUV built today (Hummer & Cadillac being the exceptions) before choosing this gem, and to me it rivaled a couple and far exceeded the rest. Go ahead and compare, you'll likely find this one to be one of the top 5 (top 10 at the least). Nice redesign Mitsubishi - I love this machine!!!

Favorite Features

Nearly everything... And don't make me laugh about power, this thing has gobs of low end torque!! Off the line is fine. And if you want high speed passing power, don't buy a big SUV!

Suggested Improvements

Wish the lumbar was about 1" lower. And yes the 3rd seat is basically useless, but I didn't care about it anyway...

Don't flip
By pmsuvman

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Despite all the hype about flip overs. I've yet to come close to fliping. The suv is fun to drive. I had my share of problems, but the only serious issue was my bearings went after 30K. Heated seats work well and the car is quiet and solid.

Favorite Features

Large moon roof, almost like a convertable

Suggested Improvements

More power in the motor is needed

never again
By fool me once

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has a noisey bumpy ride.It over heated at 33000 miles without any warning.At this time I am batteling with misubishi they won't cover the claim because it was a defective thermostate,not covered under their warranty,and the extended warranty won't cover because they say it should be covered under mitsubishi's 5 year power train warranty I just had the hub bearings replaced at 40000,miles. my mechanic told me the car is under engineered with light wieght parts on a heavy vehicle I also found out that the dealership makes more money selling questionable extended warranty's over better ones. Iv'e spent 4,300 on this car this year at 40,000 miles

Favorite Features

seats

Suggested Improvements

engineer for heavy duty,dealers should be more honest about their extended warranty's

King of the Road
By Golf

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Exceptional vehicle. Trouble free with 109,000 miles. Never changed the tires. I can,t believe how great this vehicle is. I keep the oil change and it keeps on gettin. No electrical issues. No turn over's here and i really put it to the test.

Favorite Features

Secure feeling on the road. I wish it had a navigation system for the price. I felt cheated on controls.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mil., shocks, struts and cabin sound. I don't like hearing the road or engine when on the highway.