2001 Mitsubishi Montero Consumer Reviews 5

2001 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montero model:
Review Title
By Macho on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Handles badly in bad weather.

Love my Monty
By Monty Lover on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Truthfully there are only two minor things that I'd say. The engine really doesn't give you enough zing when you want to accelerate hard. And it's gas mileage doesn't make me exactly "excited". That said, more power would decrease the gas mileage even more. And while this IS an SUV, I knew what I was getting into when it comes to paying at the pump before I purchased it. Want higher mileage, get a compact!

Love it so Much !! Bying Another !
By Kapil on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a Lmtd. 2001 & love everything about it. Now we need another vehicle & are going for a used 2002 Montero. The BEST VALUE in the SUV Market. #.1 Reliable #2. Excellent Exterior Designing ! #3. Roomy inside & comfortable ! #4. Dashboard #5. You fall in LOVE with Montero !! Has been very reilable / stable / solid on sharp turns etc....!!!!!!!!

read and choose wisely-BIG BOY w/class
By unclebertram on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Monty is by far, one of the top 3 offroad vehicles you can buy at a dealership (hummer and Landcruiser being the other two), and the Monty is the only one that can use its AWD on dry pavement. My fav. device in this car is the trans, which is rumored to be supplied by Porsche (Landcruiser does the same thing. Every SUV buyer read this,"YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MASH THE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR TO GET POWER OUT OF YOUR MACHINE." I love this trucks evasive maneuverabilty and cornering, but I switched the OEM tires for Bridgestone Revos.

Awesome
By lattal on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this baby many times in a gravel pit filled with mud and I can't get stuck even if I wanted to. It has good power.

Built to Last
By Silverado on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Drove Monteros and Landcruisers while working in Saudi Arabia back in the 80's. I could tell the quality even with this Montero's predecessor. Toyota and Mitsubishi know how to make true reliable 4 wheel drive automobiles. The beauty of the Montero is that it has the ride and fit and finish of the Landcruiser, with a much better designed interior, but is thousands less!

Just Love this SUV
By bohlyn on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for almost three years and could not be happier, it is by far the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Having a son that is over 6'4 it is wonder having a vehicle he can ride in and be comfortable in the rear set. The leg room can only be described as spacious. It has become the favorite car for my tennis team, we can all travel together in comfort without having to take 2 cars. Like I said before, just love this SUV.

Poor build quality
By Dan McKane on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a nice looking & riding SUV. It's heavy and under powered with the 200 hp V6. It is well equiped and well thought out. The build quality and manufacturer warranty are not acceptable. I have had a few problems: the paint on the lower part of the SUV was peeling/falling off, a part for the anti-lock brake system - it is on it's 3rd one, the aluminum wheels were badly pitted after just on winter. I had to wait more than 3 mo. to get the district service manager to look at the wheels and they were finally replaced. (they are pitting again) Not what I would expect from a $36,000 vehicle.

Great rig
By SteveBB on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Needs a little more power but awsome otherwise

I'll think I'll keep it
By keeper on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Montero XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Researched for over 6 months before buying, liked design and 4WD. Had minor paint problems (chipping) and have replaced brakes(30k). Some road noise but drives better than any comparable SUV I tested.