Used 2000 Mitsubishi Montero SUV Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Montero SUV - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mitsubishi Montero SUV

Base 3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )

2000 Mitsubishi Endeavor
By Alan

2000 Mitsubishi Montero SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I just bought a Mitsubishi Montero Endeavor about 3 weeks ago,1/20/16 after my 95 Toyota 4Runner broke down on me after 2 1/2 years.I bought it for $1,000 off Craigslist and the gut even delivered it to me and got it registered for me too.It was advertised on CL LA for $1,650 and I called him after 3 weeks and offered him $1,000 for it and he took it.It's the first MM I have ever had and so far I love it! Drives nice and smooth.Has decent power.I'm 6'4 and it enough room for me.I put on a brush guard that I found in a junkyard off a 95 Montero that I paid $65 for.I see the newer Sport models,but so far I have only seen 1 other of these in the SFV section of Los Angeles.It's a nice truck and I feel it's worth more than I paid for it.

Former Montero
By Trey Lemons

2000 Mitsubishi Montero SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I had just bought the Montero with the endeavor package from a used dealer to take up to see my fiance for our wedding. While I was driving it around on the freeway I was stuck in the normal Va beach traffic at an exit ramp when a big rig (18 wheeler) came down the hill and ran straight into me from the back. If I was in a smaller vehicle I wouldn't be here saying how wonderful this vehicle is! It is totaled to say the least but I survived with only some stitches and staples. I think this is a great vehicle and I'd definitely want another!

How easy to drive and the sunroof and also how safe it is.

Better throttle response and a less cluttered dash.

great ride
By katscheid

2000 Mitsubishi Montero SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I have both a Montero (Endeavor model) and a Suburban. Love my Montero and it's 3 years older than the Chevy. Hope to keep it for at least 5 more years. Switched Yokos. to Michelins and the turning improved greatly. Love the leather interior and heated seats. Cup holder is ridiculous, but I LOVE this car. As good as or better than my Honda Accord as far as reliability.

reliability, and leather interior w/sunroof.

cup holder

BEST VALUE
By CChil

2000 Mitsubishi Montero SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned many SUV's: Nissan, Toyota, GMC, Isuzu then this one. It's been a great vehicle for me as a single mom offering value, room (7-passenger seating), comfort and excellent reliability. At 160K miles (now remarried) my husband wanted me in something newer, but I would have been glad to keep driving it until it just fell apart. The paint still shines, the interior has held up well considering all that my children put it through. Maintain it and it will love you back. BTW, I didn't trade it in, I couldn't let go and I'm not one to get emotional about vehicles.

GREAT VALUE!! 10 yrs old and people still tell me how good it looks.

Mitsubishi Montero Endevor
By 2000 Mitsubishi

2000 Mitsubishi Montero SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

The Montero Endevor was the top of the line for the full sized Montero. It came loaded. It has a full frame and is a true off road vehicle. Although we never drove it off road, it can handle the worst of snow storms any snow belt can offer. Even though a full off road vehicle, its ride is very comfortable, and doesn't beat up the passengers. It has pleanty of room for seven yet is not so large, making parking easy. After 77,000 miles the Montero Endevor looks like the day it was bought, and has had no problems - not even minor problems except one. Some or the original trim screws have had to be replaced with stainless steel screws because of rust developing on them.

Smooth ride, great looking dash board, nice heated leather seats, and the super large sunroof. The Montero is a strong vehicle that makes you feel safe.

Replace most trim screws along the wheel wells, and door thresholds with stainless steel screws.