1999 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Mint 1999 Montero To Replace My 1991
By Mr. Montero on 08/11/10 19:35 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Montero 4dr SUV 4WD

I put 235,000 miles on my '91 Montero. Sold it in 2009 due to rust but it still ran good with excellent Michelins on it. It went to a good home and the guy who bought it drives it daily. The '99 Montero is a definite step up from the '91. Had to put Bilstein shocks and John Baker Performance Products heavy duty springs on the back of the '91 to keep it tight. The '99 has hydraulic adjustable shocks. The '91 3L engine was underpowered. The '99 3.5 L 24 valve engine takes care of that. Larger wheels on the '99. Intended to have my 16-year-old drive the '99. But while driving it the 430 miles home from the dealership I had to keep it and find her something else.

The Best Vehicle Ever!
By Stone on 06/12/09 06:37 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Montero 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned many vehicles over the years (more than 20 cars/trucks). This is, by far, the best vehicle EVER created for my needs. There has not been one mechanical/electrical issue with the truck; and I use it! I've camped IN it during heavy rains; the seats can fold down into a comfy bed. I've packed 3 adult bikes in the back without taking the wheels off, it's hauled over 1,000 lbs. of flagstone in the back. I've gone well into the woods without roads, hauling two kayaks and a canoe on top. And, cleaned-up, it is the sportiest/sexiest/manly-non-soccer-Mom vehicle one could want. They must have built mine wrong because I get 20 city and 26 hwy. I've checked it over and over. True 22 mph ave.

A Land Cruiser at Fraction of the Price
By quandarypeak on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Montero 4dr SUV 4WD

I finally began shopping for a new vehicle this month, but have been reluctant to spend the $40-50k it would take to equal what I already have paid for in this '99 Montero with all the options. Well-built, reliable, all the comforts, more room than most ... and with a little care, it still looks new, despite occasional the high alpine adventures! I looked at an '05 Toyota Land Cruiser today. My Montero is same size, most features (except DVD navigation) and I paid less than 60% of what the Cruiser goes for. Good value all around. Hard to part with this good buy.

its all that i whanted
By zeezo on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

its a perfect car

I just love this car
By guts on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Montero 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV has a spectaculor look from the outside. The one I bought has every features you can think of for much less price than a 4-Runner. Leather seats, power seat, sunroof, Infiniti sound system with a 10-CD changer, power mirror, 4x4, switchable shock level, hydraulic jack, portable light, a full set of tools inside the back door. Just remember this SUV is full size with three rows of seats, a total of 7 seats. It is so roomy inside. Much bigger than Pathfinder or 4-Runner. Driving it is just so much fun.