1996 Mitsubishi Montero 3.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Ron of Montgomery Alabama

1996 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Ron of Montgomery Alabama
By Ron Sutton on

1996 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Was used primarily for road travel with a load of product and brochures for Sales and Marketing for all DoD, Federal and State Government sales of computers and computer related equipment for a seven year period. It was an office on wheels. It never failed me or let me down in any way. Unfortunately my supporting Mitsubishi dealership closed in Montgomery, AL. I have had to let some things go for lack of a competent and trustworthy repair facility. I am having to take the vehicle to different repair facilities for different types of maintenance requirements. I'm due for a timing belt change and have found a recommended facility finally. I'm ordering most of the parts myself.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive. Great road visibility. Absolutely reliable. Great sound and CD changer. Comfortable seats for long hauls. Not the quickest, but it a comfortable mule for hauling and pulling. 4 wheel drive levels are easy to use and work great.

Suggested Improvements

Don't try to make a workhorse a pretty racehorse. You can't please everyone, so don't try. I don't like the newer unitized body SUVs at all. I currently have a vehicle that has never let me down. The roof could be made stronger and the rubber supports tend to come unglued. Less noisy wipers.