1996 Mitsubishi Montero Consumer Review: Best Car We've Ever Owned

1996 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Best Car We've Ever Owned
By 8YR Montero Owner on

1996 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I really regret selling this car. We had it for 8 years and it was the best, most reliable, most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned. It worked flawlessly, and only ever had very minor problems with it. I would highly recommend a Montero to anyone, and am considering buying another. The vehicle I replaced it with just doesn't come close to the Montero. It's very capable both off road and on. I've driven this back and forth from Los Angeles to Vancouver multiple times as well as used it for a daily commuter. I can't say enough good things about this car. If you're in the market for an SUV put the Montero on your short list.

Very comfortable even with cloth interior. Roomy, can hold 7 passengers and loads of gear. Amazing stereo. Most reliable car I've ever had.

Make the rearmost seats completely removeable. In their folded-up state they can block your view of other vehicles when you do a shoulder check. The simple solution to this is to fold the backs down and leave the seats on the floor.