1995 Mitsubishi Montero 3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Reliable - Off Road Classic

1995 Mitsubishi Montero SUV - Consumer Review

Reliable - Off Road Classic
By Dave on

1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased my Montero new 13 years ago - have 210,000 miles on it now and have driven it all over the western states from New Mexico and Colorado to Canada and Alaska and I love this SUV. There is not another vehicle that can get to all the rivers that I like to fish. And I know, I own an auto repair business and have looked for a vehicle to replace this one and can't find it. My wife drives a '99 Land Cruiser that we like, but it isn't as good at getting into the remote country. Have had normal problems with parts (antenna, timing belt, etc.) but the entire drive train is original and still working great. LS model with 3.0 is underpowered but SR with 3.5 DOHC provides decent power.

Favorite Features

The optional locking rear and center differentials and the transfer case make this SR model a beast off-road. Better than any Hummer, Jeep or Land Cruiser.

Suggested Improvements

Logo on front grill will break if you touch it with a car wash brush. 3rd row seats are only for kids. Adjustable shocks are very expensive.