1995 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montero model:
Unlikely Standard
By TDURBAN on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

The 1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR that I bought in June of 1996, as a left-over, has proven to be the best vehicle I have ever owned. 202,000 miles into my experience with this car has shown me that it is capable of handling any driving conition that I have encountered. In my search for a replacement, I am left wanting. No other current model of any brand has felt as sturdy, on center and in control as this Montero. This car does nothing but what I ask of it and has maintained its looks throughout. Good, solid, safe, reliable and extremely under-rated, this vehicle has set the standard for its class.

100% Grade A Lemon
By Triple Diamond Hater on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

List of things that have gone wrong. Flywheel cracked 32K, AC compressor 60K, Engine Cylinder head after timing chain broke - 80k, Heater Core 81k, Electric seat motor 90K, Electric Radio Ant. 93K, Needs Full brake job every 12k miles. Every single system and part of this vehicle is disposable. This is the history I've had after following the maint. program to the letter. I love their new ads - they have to give their cars away - no money down, no interest and no payments for a year - Soon they will paying us to take their JUNK!!!!!!

One of the best I've driven
By TheDim on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchase my Monty back in 98 because the 87 model was to small for another kid on the way. Alway reliable. People that I meet always thinks It's a newer model. I will drive until I can't anymore.

Reliable as a Labrador
By Larsd4 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

After 100k she's still going strong. Been overall pleased, but never passionate about it. Still tight as a drum, but getting small with 3 growing kids and their gear. Nice design, though the new ones look kind of effeminate.

I'll keep it until it stops running!
By LesLancaster on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Montero used. It had one owner prior to myself and that was a lease vehicle. I have burned the highway completely up in this vehicle hauling my sons to every soccer tournament imaginable up and down the east coast. I love this vehicle. The only drawback to owning this vehicle is the high cost for insurance and maintenance. Repairs to a Monty are expensive mainly due to the high cost for parts and the design features which make repairs labor intensive. All in all, I will drive this vehicle until it won't drive anymore because I love it that much.

Utility as well Fun to drive
By JimQureshi on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The best SUV I drive among Explorer, Troper, Blazer, 4 Runner, Pathfinder and many more in this class.

bullet proof
By jonsand on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

this is by far the best auto I have owned. that includes porches & mercedes