Used 1995 Mitsubishi Montero Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mitsubishi Montero

View reviews for a specific Montero model:

bullet proof
By jonsand

1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

this is by far the best auto I have owned. that includes porches & mercedes

Won't Buy another Mitsubishi VEH again!
By Angelique

1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

It was a fun vehicle to drive. 1 month after I took ownership, in the garage for fuel regulator $550.00. I haven't even owned the veh a year and it is back in the garage for: crankshaft pulley. Garage attempted to take bolt of and it snapped at the head. Mitsubishi is quoting me $4000.00 for a new Crankshaft because they won't just replace the crankshaft. they have to replace everything they touch why removing the crankshaft. Good-bye Mitsubishi for good.

Favorite Features

4X4 awesome in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

Recall ability, more power, better fuel economy

Built to Last
By Al Cabrera

1995 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had this SUV for one year. It currently has 120k miles. After fixing the water pump, the engine has worked great. I love the roominess, compass, four-wheel drive, height, reliable engine, two extra seats in the back. One time I took ten people from Harlingen, Texas to Monterrey, Mexico. It was packed, but we made it. One main thing I don't like is the rough ride.

Favorite Features

Great seating, realiable and smooth engine, good height, great instrument panel, nice 4X4.

Suggested Improvements

Spark plugs impossible to change on your own (but still working after 120K miles), rough ride, low power, poor gas mileage.

True Off Road SUV
By randy

1995 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been extremely happy with this vehicle. I purchased it with 52,000 miles. It now has 208,000 miles. In that time, aside from regular maintenance, I have spent rougly $450.00. I have had no mechanical or electrical problems. I have yet to replace a fuse. I have used it heavily off road in the coal mines and back woods of the south. It has gotten me out of situations that I was convinced were impossible to escape. This model is truly one of the last great SUVs. It has classic styling and a very functional interior. It does ride rough but it is a truck and that functionality and durability is what I wanted when I purchased it.

Favorite Features

Durability, dependability, off road ability and classic styling

Suggested Improvements

none.

100% Grade A Lemon
By Triple Diamond Hater

1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

List of things that have gone wrong. Flywheel cracked 32K, AC compressor 60K, Engine Cylinder head after timing chain broke - 80k, Heater Core 81k, Electric seat motor 90K, Electric Radio Ant. 93K, Needs Full brake job every 12k miles. Every single system and part of this vehicle is disposable. This is the history I've had after following the maint. program to the letter. I love their new ads - they have to give their cars away - no money down, no interest and no payments for a year - Soon they will paying us to take their JUNK!!!!!!

Favorite Features

They day I got rid of it!

Suggested Improvements

Sell the company to Honda and start over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!