Used 1994 Mitsubishi Montero SR SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

1994 Mitsubishi Montero SUV

View reviews for a specific Montero model:

Excellent Vehicle, All Utility Performance
By jamoe836

1994 Mitsubishi Montero SUV SR 4dr SUV 4WD

Nov 2011 - I purchased my used 1994 Montero about 4 years ago. It now has 150K on it. My only concern with it is if I ever have to make a hard turn at high speed... Other than that, it is rock solid! It is the type of vehicle that you naturally drive the speed limit in. Always starts, just reg maint. It is not just a typical 4 wheel drive. It also 4whl high, low, locking differential, overdrive for HWY use... all on the fly. I take it out in the ice (yes, ice) and snow with AT tires on it and pass by with utter ease and confidence other stuck 4x4 pickups, SUVs (nice ones), and jeeps that just can't make it up the hill. This vehicle is the best utility of its generation!!

Favorite Features

Traction - Never been stuck! Body Design - It is tall and relatively narrow. the con of that is safety related to its high center of gravity. The pro of that is it fits into parking spaces just like a Toyota Avalon. Also, when off road, it navigates trails more easily than a wide, full size SUV or truck!! Reliability - Has been great. Just do the regular maintenance and starts every time, even after all these years/miles. Sunroof - Huge! Trailer hitch - Great for smaller fishing boat - use it for hauling small loads. Automatic - The way to go with this one! Worry Free - I like not having to baby a vehicle or get upset if the kids spill something in it...

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the jump seats in the back or make them easier to remove/install. Takes up cargo space and will rarely get used.

great family truck
By General0

1994 Mitsubishi Montero SUV SR 4dr SUV 4WD

This is one of the better suv's out there in comparison to it's size comfort and versatility. I have a family of four and it gets us all to where we're going and back in style and comfort. I live in Minnesota and the winters can be tough but with this suv it is just that more enjoyable!! Great performance when pulling my boat and great style when going out to dinner.

Favorite Features

sunroof (large and in the rear), all the informative gadgets (ie. temp, compass, altimeter), ride height, rear jump seats, looks still has good styling for it year.

Suggested Improvements

More Power!!! better gas mileage, cheaper repair cost!!

1st suv
By megamom

1994 Mitsubishi Montero SUV SR 4dr SUV 4WD

Leased this vehicle @ first and purchased @ end. It's a truck ride, not a car ride. It's been reliable and cared for to than end. Goes to theatre and Home Depot same day.

Favorite Features

Location of sunroof (behind driver) Luggage rack for Xmas tree toting Bigger tires

Suggested Improvements

Luggage rack creates whistle @ hi speeds