Used 1994 Mitsubishi Montero Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montero model:

Excellent Vehicle, All Utility Performance
By jamoe836

1994 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

Nov 2011 - I purchased my used 1994 Montero about 4 years ago. It now has 150K on it. My only concern with it is if I ever have to make a hard turn at high speed... Other than that, it is rock solid! It is the type of vehicle that you naturally drive the speed limit in. Always starts, just reg maint. It is not just a typical 4 wheel drive. It also 4whl high, low, locking differential, overdrive for HWY use... all on the fly. I take it out in the ice (yes, ice) and snow with AT tires on it and pass by with utter ease and confidence other stuck 4x4 pickups, SUVs (nice ones), and jeeps that just can't make it up the hill. This vehicle is the best utility of its generation!!

Traction - Never been stuck! Body Design - It is tall and relatively narrow. the con of that is safety related to its high center of gravity. The pro of that is it fits into parking spaces just like a Toyota Avalon. Also, when off road, it navigates trails more easily than a wide, full size SUV or truck!! Reliability - Has been great. Just do the regular maintenance and starts every time, even after all these years/miles. Sunroof - Huge! Trailer hitch - Great for smaller fishing boat - use it for hauling small loads. Automatic - The way to go with this one! Worry Free - I like not having to baby a vehicle or get upset if the kids spill something in it...

Get rid of the jump seats in the back or make them easier to remove/install. Takes up cargo space and will rarely get used.

Still a great value
By danndiaz

1994 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I just bought a 1994 Montero needed a bigger car at this moment, this SUV is a great buy, bigger than I thought, stronger than I hope for. Great in any weather 4 x4 is a great feature. My SUV have 140k miles I hope that it will run for many more...

The space inside, the great look outside is as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Of course the MPG we are living in a fuel crisis.

great family truck
By General0

1994 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

This is one of the better suv's out there in comparison to it's size comfort and versatility. I have a family of four and it gets us all to where we're going and back in style and comfort. I live in Minnesota and the winters can be tough but with this suv it is just that more enjoyable!! Great performance when pulling my boat and great style when going out to dinner.

sunroof (large and in the rear), all the informative gadgets (ie. temp, compass, altimeter), ride height, rear jump seats, looks still has good styling for it year.

More Power!!! better gas mileage, cheaper repair cost!!

My most favorite car
By jeffvb

1994 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Though not without problems in its 200,000 miles this has been my all around favorite vehicle of the dozens of new and used I have owned over the last 25 years.

third row folding seats, tow hooks front and back (used many times to render assistance, never to receive it), high ceiling, low tech engine/drivetrain, 4 disk brakes, good with a trailer, outside door mounted spare, large mirrors, cargo area tie hooks, ... and this is the base model!

Mileage/Power Ratio should be better. For the 18 MPG it gets I expect better highway performance. I really don't like the looks of the early 2000 model (non-Sport). Parts are too expensive, resale is weak.

all around performer
By NW living

1994 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The SUV is what it is...a truck and van blended together..no wood trim...no extreme comfort. It has the features you need to get around and get to places. It has the design and basics we come to expect as standard yet it offers great reliability and piece of mind.

Versatility, cargo or people, tow or roof rack...good weather bad weather comfort.

POWER, POWER, POWER