1994 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montero model:
Excellent Vehicle, All Utility Performance
By jamoe836 on 11/29/11 07:04 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

Nov 2011 - I purchased my used 1994 Montero about 4 years ago. It now has 150K on it. My only concern with it is if I ever have to make a hard turn at high speed... Other than that, it is rock solid! It is the type of vehicle that you naturally drive the speed limit in. Always starts, just reg maint. It is not just a typical 4 wheel drive. It also 4whl high, low, locking differential, overdrive for HWY use... all on the fly. I take it out in the ice (yes, ice) and snow with AT tires on it and pass by with utter ease and confidence other stuck 4x4 pickups, SUVs (nice ones), and jeeps that just can't make it up the hill. This vehicle is the best utility of its generation!!

Still a great value
By danndiaz on 05/26/10 07:26 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I just bought a 1994 Montero needed a bigger car at this moment, this SUV is a great buy, bigger than I thought, stronger than I hope for. Great in any weather 4 x4 is a great feature. My SUV have 140k miles I hope that it will run for many more...

great family truck
By General0 on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

This is one of the better suv's out there in comparison to it's size comfort and versatility. I have a family of four and it gets us all to where we're going and back in style and comfort. I live in Minnesota and the winters can be tough but with this suv it is just that more enjoyable!! Great performance when pulling my boat and great style when going out to dinner.

My most favorite car
By jeffvb on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Though not without problems in its 200,000 miles this has been my all around favorite vehicle of the dozens of new and used I have owned over the last 25 years.

all around performer
By NW living on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The SUV is what it is...a truck and van blended together..no wood trim...no extreme comfort. It has the features you need to get around and get to places. It has the design and basics we come to expect as standard yet it offers great reliability and piece of mind.

Swiss Army Knife on wheels
By Alaska Dad on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Montero LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had it for 8+ years now and still enjoy it. It has held up extremely well. Will soon replace a clutch (5 speed manual) but other than this, it has had only scheduled maintenance. It cleans up well - looks almost new. It is loaded with features for both off-roading and going to the opera. The manual box is the most versatile off-road transmission on the planet. Engine shows no sign of aging - an extremely smooth hummer. It's not fast, and it definitely handles more like a truck - but this is a very capable off-road (and soccer team) seven seater. If the new models were not quite so ugly, I'd buy a new one.

1st suv
By megamom on 03/16/02 09:56 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Montero SR 4dr SUV 4WD

Leased this vehicle @ first and purchased @ end. It's a truck ride, not a car ride. It's been reliable and cared for to than end. Goes to theatre and Home Depot same day.