1990 Mitsubishi Montero SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montero model:
My Third Monty
By Frumious on 10/18/09 01:28 AM (PDT)

1990 Mitsubishi Montero SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my third and oldest Montero. I trust the brand to buy a 20 year old copy with 160,000 miles. Everything works like new. Its 143 horses must be Clydesdales. The view through the tall windows is commanding. Only drawbacks (others mention these): Driver's seat does not go back quite far enough and radio controls are far below the dash. Gas mileage is fair. It helps to know where to get parts. A junk yard or one of several online forums will keep this truck going at least another five years. There are lots of prior Montero owners out there who come up to the car and smile.

1989 Montero LS
By Steve on 01/25/09 21:38 PM (PST)

1990 Mitsubishi Montero SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I am the third owner of this Montero LS. It has 205000 on it as of this week and it can still take off from the line. I bought this truck to use in winter since my main car is my baby and I don't like to drive it in snow. I drive the truck daily now from autumn til summer and it is great. The truck was in no way properly maintained by its previous owner but still runs like a peach. I will be doing pretty much a full engine and electrical rebuild in summer of 09 and will do some things to the surface rust to make the truck look like new.

A Reliable Rig
By Hungry Man on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mitsubishi Montero SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a very reliable SUV. I bought it used with 44K miles and it now has 175K. The only repair I've made was for valvue cover oil leaks and the starter. The first tune up was done at 100k. It burns about a quart of oil every 1K miles now. A great rig for a responsible driver.

Montero 1990 LS
By on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mitsubishi Montero SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

We are the orginal owners...now have 224,000 miles. Engine rebuilt once, new rings, new head, 3rd oil pump. Works like brand new now, saving it to give to our 16 year old son. This is the only car he has known...Have been to Quebec twice in the past two years in it. It is very tough built and reliable

Montero
By TCB on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great cheap suv. Fun!!!