2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montero Sport model:
Excellent family hauler!
By rrf on 04/14/12 09:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Those who have kids know that newborns need plenty of cargo room. This vehicle has plenty! My wife and I purchased this vehicle anticipating the birth of our first son. We made an excellent choice. The Montero Sport is the perfect family hauler for the following reasons: -Plenty of cargo space -Has the LATCH car seat anchors -Rear hatch opens upward to shelter you from the rain when you have to change your baby's diaper. -The deck height in the cargo area is perfect for changing your baby's diapers. (See the theme?) -Toddlers get dirty! The rear cargo area roof is tall enough enabling your toddler to stand. This makes impromptu clothes changes very easy. -Privacy glass helps with naps

Best buy ever
By Donna on 03/20/10 18:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle used in 2005. I have driven it for 5 yrs this month. I have over 134,000 miles and beside tires and a battery (that was my own fault) I had a belt replaced that was worn and the transmission flushed to extent the life of this jewel. I use to buy a new car every couple of years. No more.

scary to drive
By disappointed on 02/09/08 13:21 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wish I'd listened to the advice another reviewer gave here on edmunds. He said the steering was "squirrely," and he was right! You can't take your eyes off the road for a second--this car will take you right off the road. And the sway in this thing makes my kids sick! No sway bar is available to correct it. Also, because the entire hatchback lifts up, it drips water right on you if it's been raining. Then, when you get home, your groceries fall out! I bought this because I liked the way it looked, but don't do it!

RELIABLE SUV
By kobken on 01/22/05 14:23 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is really a reliable car; saves you gas, great cargo space and I would say reliable when you get into an accident. Someone hit me really hard in the front of my Montero and it took the hit well; I believe it has great hard exterior. Reliable engine; I've always been back and forth with GMs, Fords, and other American cars -- I've read bad reviews and was very scared. This SUV has a very reliable engine even though I bought it as used car.

scotts review
By saldihfo;ihgo; on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car for reliability, needs work on drivetrain. Braking system needs to be stronger and engine needs more power.

Descent for it's purpose
By Soldonnissan on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a good vehicle. Could use more power and get better mileage. Good interior space and standard audio system. Rugged exterior design still looks good after all these years (better than the Endeavor). Bought it for the wife who just loves the looks. Not a bad ride for a truck-on-frame design.

Nice Truck
By Scuff on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A very nice truck for the price. I also had a good sales experiance. Fun to drive.

Great Vehicle
By nopohboy on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle rides smoothly great features.

Nice Car, but watch for DEALER TRICKS
By hav2boys on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car under the Mitsubishi 0/0/0 promotion. We were promised zero down. That was true. We were promised zero payments for one year. This was not true. In actuality we only received 6 months no payments. We were promised zero % interest for 1 year. This is not true. We actually received zero financing for five months. We were told that we would be able to refinance this car. Not true. The blue book is so low compared to what is owed no bank will even look twice at it. Be very weary. These deals are only there to help THEM SELL YOU CARS. They don't care about you in the least. TRUST US.

AWESOME SUV
By adrian on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love to drive this truck. I never had a truck that I look foward to driving everyday. Anyone who gets this truck will be happy. The accessories are awesome and affordable.