Used 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Montero Sport model:

good suv
By good looking suv

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV

I imported this car from USA to Honduras three years ago when we become a family of four. We travel a lot in Central America, have put 32,000 miles with minor repairs, repair leaks in transmission, gas pump only. It has 96,000 miles. In this moments it has a strange problem, when I park it for about ten minutes with the motor on and a/c too, it doesn't move, like without power. I have to turn it off wait and then it will move. Pardon my English but is my second language.

Favorite Features

exterior, enough power for the size, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

on off road to noisy and jump to much

2000 Montero Sport Limited, 3.5L
By GJP

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Great truck, high enough off the ground to get through NE Ohio winters with ease. Only issue is front end pull, (shim Issue during alignment) Alarm intermittent Plenty of room for my 3 boys in the back,

Favorite Features

Engine is strong, tranny is tough. decent wear on the tires even using 4X4

Suggested Improvements

Too bad there is not a access window on the rear tail gate. Hauling anything long in length requires you to leave the gate open and up.

We love our truck
By ljrader

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV has served us from DINK to two kids. It is just now showing one little spot of rust, 8 years later. Repairs have been only minor or upkeep. Just wish it got better mileage

Favorite Features

Looks, blind spots are minimal, handles really well, does great on snow and ice.

Suggested Improvements

I cannot think of a thing!

2000 montero sport
By tom d

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4dr SUV

I bought this vehicle new 1999, little work has been needed basic maintenance only. I have 190,000 miles and I figure to get another 75-100 k.

Favorite Features

All around great vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

15" tires would be good, cost of 16" too high.

The best blend of everything
By Brad

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought it when it was 8 months old with 19K miles, after a stint as a rental. As wary as I was at the time to buy a rental, I have been overwhelmingly pleased with its performance since. This SUV is solid, well-built, comfortable, and rugged. Still gets great gas mileage (24 on hwy), and has very low maintenance demands, even for a 4WD. My Montero now has 101,000 miles and is still running strong. It is a strong performer off-road and in the snow. I am able to easily navigate 2-4' of snow (no exaggeration) when many of my neighbors' more expensive SUVs and trucks remain idle or stuck. It has outlasted 2 other used cars in my household and I fully expect another 100K without concern.

Favorite Features

Great looking, great driving. Without question, the best balanced, best handling 4WD vehicle I've ever driven. A beauty in severe winter conditions. (Drives smooth and comfortable on clean, dry pavement too!)

Suggested Improvements

A little more power from the engine would be nice on occasion, but I wouldn't sacrifice the MPG to get it. The back seat is tight for two car seats, but fine for an adult and one car seat. If I replace this car, it will be for a full-size Monte and I'll keep this one around. Too valuable to sell.