Used 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Montero Sport model:

253.000 Miles
By Jennifer

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV

I bought my baby back in May of 2000, she had 13 thousand miles on her. Today 01/22/2010 she has 243,000 miles on her. The only maintenance I've ever done on her was regular schedule oil changes. The most expensive repair she's had done, I had to replace the alternator in May of 2009. I live in Ga. I've driven her as far West as Texas, Orlando Florida, and numerous times to Philadelphia Pa. All 3 of my adult children at one point had to drive her when they needed transportation. I am pleased with her. Should she quit tomorrow. I can honestly say I got my monies worth and then some. I wonder if Mitsubishi will make me their spokes person. :)

The body style. She looks rugged but yet smooth. I love her color. The room. I've laid the seats down and moved a loveseat in her.

None since this model is no longer produced.

Truck truck
By Lukas

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought used w/ 70k miles, so far almost 30k miles later and still loving it, the only mechanical problem I have had was the small part in fuel pump (unfortunatelly I had to buy the whole unit $560 w/ repair). Nothing else done to the engine or the truck itself. I live in snow country - the bottom is rusty or should I say rustic... That amount of salt will eat alive anybody. Great comfort, great tow, perfect in the snow, 4x4 is fun to drive - I highly recommend to anybody. I've seen models w/ 160k miles on them - the only thing - do not put syntetic motor oil, I noticed lesser performance... Not sure how it is possible, but the truck works better on regular oil... It's a keeper!

style, comfort, reliability, high sitting

none

good suv
By good looking suv

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV

I imported this car from USA to Honduras three years ago when we become a family of four. We travel a lot in Central America, have put 32,000 miles with minor repairs, repair leaks in transmission, gas pump only. It has 96,000 miles. In this moments it has a strange problem, when I park it for about ten minutes with the motor on and a/c too, it doesn't move, like without power. I have to turn it off wait and then it will move. Pardon my English but is my second language.

exterior, enough power for the size, reliability.

on off road to noisy and jump to much

2000 Montero Sport Limited, 3.5L
By GJP

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Great truck, high enough off the ground to get through NE Ohio winters with ease. Only issue is front end pull, (shim Issue during alignment) Alarm intermittent Plenty of room for my 3 boys in the back,

Engine is strong, tranny is tough. decent wear on the tires even using 4X4

Too bad there is not a access window on the rear tail gate. Hauling anything long in length requires you to leave the gate open and up.

We love our truck
By ljrader

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV has served us from DINK to two kids. It is just now showing one little spot of rust, 8 years later. Repairs have been only minor or upkeep. Just wish it got better mileage

Looks, blind spots are minimal, handles really well, does great on snow and ice.

I cannot think of a thing!