2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montero Sport model:
soooo reliable
By gl956 on 02/02/12 08:55 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV

bought my montero sport with 150,000 five years ago and i was a little bit skeptical but its was pretty cheap compared to all the other MS that were out there.. let me tell you that this truck is amazing.. it now has over 350,000 miles and feels like it can get another 350,000 more! im usually on the road alot traveling about 100 a day. and my mitsu is soo comfortable. my montero has leather interior with wood trimming all around. its a beautiful black (that looks like a sparkle green when hit with the sun) with beige moldings. im absolutely in love with it. i would recommend it to anybody.. oh and ive only had to replace the alternator because of an oil leak it had. (all monteros have it)

I love my Montero Sport
By comatt on 05/04/11 14:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4dr SUV

I have had mine for about 3 years, it has 120,000 miles and love it. It has been a great roadtrip vehicle, I have taken it on many 1000+ mile trips and it is comfortable, gas mileage could be better but it performs well. I have had no service issues with it, and have done all the regular maintanence on it. I recently changed the belts to find that the originals were still on it after 11 years of use. The interior holds up well; my leather seats barely show any wear and the buttons and dials all still appear new. This is a great SUV and I intend to run her for many years to come.

"good wittle twack twack"
By Lukas on 02/25/10 07:05 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this SUV used w/ 70,000 miles, I sold it last week at 117,000. I replaced tires, breaks and parts of muffler, but living in Buffalo NY in harsh winters and ocean of salt, that is expected. No problems whatsoever w/ this truck, its unique exterior distinguish Montero among other mass build SUVs, great for family of 3, maybe 4 w/ little pet, as we grew, my wife and I have 3 kids and 1 St Bernard, and suddenly as my 3 yr old described "good whittle twack twack" became too little... we had it for 3 yrs and I was sad to see it go...

253.000 Miles
By Jennifer on 01/22/10 11:28 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV

I bought my baby back in May of 2000, she had 13 thousand miles on her. Today 01/22/2010 she has 243,000 miles on her. The only maintenance I've ever done on her was regular schedule oil changes. The most expensive repair she's had done, I had to replace the alternator in May of 2009. I live in Ga. I've driven her as far West as Texas, Orlando Florida, and numerous times to Philadelphia Pa. All 3 of my adult children at one point had to drive her when they needed transportation. I am pleased with her. Should she quit tomorrow. I can honestly say I got my monies worth and then some. I wonder if Mitsubishi will make me their spokes person. :)

Truck truck
By Lukas on 02/26/09 12:42 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought used w/ 70k miles, so far almost 30k miles later and still loving it, the only mechanical problem I have had was the small part in fuel pump (unfortunatelly I had to buy the whole unit $560 w/ repair). Nothing else done to the engine or the truck itself. I live in snow country - the bottom is rusty or should I say rustic... That amount of salt will eat alive anybody. Great comfort, great tow, perfect in the snow, 4x4 is fun to drive - I highly recommend to anybody. I've seen models w/ 160k miles on them - the only thing - do not put syntetic motor oil, I noticed lesser performance... Not sure how it is possible, but the truck works better on regular oil... It's a keeper!

good suv
By good looking suv on 06/24/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV

I imported this car from USA to Honduras three years ago when we become a family of four. We travel a lot in Central America, have put 32,000 miles with minor repairs, repair leaks in transmission, gas pump only. It has 96,000 miles. In this moments it has a strange problem, when I park it for about ten minutes with the motor on and a/c too, it doesn't move, like without power. I have to turn it off wait and then it will move. Pardon my English but is my second language.

2000 Montero Sport Limited, 3.5L
By GJP on 03/23/08 16:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Great truck, high enough off the ground to get through NE Ohio winters with ease. Only issue is front end pull, (shim Issue during alignment) Alarm intermittent Plenty of room for my 3 boys in the back,

We love our truck
By ljrader on 01/20/08 17:17 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV has served us from DINK to two kids. It is just now showing one little spot of rust, 8 years later. Repairs have been only minor or upkeep. Just wish it got better mileage

2000 montero sport
By tom d on 11/22/07 08:33 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4dr SUV

I bought this vehicle new 1999, little work has been needed basic maintenance only. I have 190,000 miles and I figure to get another 75-100 k.

The best blend of everything
By Brad on 10/18/07 08:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought it when it was 8 months old with 19K miles, after a stint as a rental. As wary as I was at the time to buy a rental, I have been overwhelmingly pleased with its performance since. This SUV is solid, well-built, comfortable, and rugged. Still gets great gas mileage (24 on hwy), and has very low maintenance demands, even for a 4WD. My Montero now has 101,000 miles and is still running strong. It is a strong performer off-road and in the snow. I am able to easily navigate 2-4' of snow (no exaggeration) when many of my neighbors' more expensive SUVs and trucks remain idle or stuck. It has outlasted 2 other used cars in my household and I fully expect another 100K without concern.