2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

Incredible value.
By Keith

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I went in to look at the 2017 model, but found that they had a 2015 leftover buried on the lot. It took a while for them to get it out (they didn't know they had it). It turned out to be a CVT (I wanted a stick) ,but I took it out anyway. After reading all the negative PROFESSIONAL reviews, I however was very impressed. (The so-called PROS act like this is the worst thing since the black plague.) It has plenty of room ,it drives well ,rides good, handles well, sure it's all hard plastic inside, but it looks good and seems to be put together pretty good. Yes it does have some tire noise, and wind noise. But it is no more intrusive than some other cars I've had ( focus). Acceleration (lol) is rather leisurely. It has PW,PL,PM,CVT,TRAC. CONTR.,ABS,CLIMATE CONTROL,NICE STEREO W/ USB CON.plenty of cargo room ,good room for 4 adults (5 no way) and a great warranty. I decided to go for it. It had 41 miles on it, sticker was $14,905 (too much, it is 2 model years old after all, there was no 2016). After some minor back and forth I was out the door at $9,400!!!!!!!!!!!. For a brand new car? Amazing!! I have since driven the car over 2,000 miles and I like it even more. The CVT takes some getting used to, but I'm adjusting. I'm getting 38-43 mpg without trying. No it's not a Lexus, but it's not meant to be . It's basic transportation at a good price. I didn't drive the 2017 (it's supposed to be better) I don't know. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THE PROFESSIONALS SAY. Try it for yourself, it might not be your cup of tea. But it might impress you. If you can get a good deal go for it. I hope this will help you make an educated decision. I went in ready to hate, but came out with a car . Good luck with your search.

I'm hooked!
By Ted

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback Rockford Fosgate Edition 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

My little white Mirage is very economical and pretty fun to drive. I can get 42-46 with mixed driving. It goes way down with a head wind, but I usually find a truck to draft when that happens. I go from 37 to 42 when I draft at about 65 mph. I would have gotten a 5 spd if one would have been available, but am glad I got the CVT. When you get used to it you can kind of make it 'shift' and get your highway rpm's to about 2200 and save fuel. On hilly 2 lane roads I can get 48 mpg if I'm not in a hurry. I pop it in and out of neutral a lot. I also like the trans brake and really think it will save the brake pads. It has tire pressure monitors, hands free phone, high quality sound, auto, ac, PW,PB, alloy wheels and 100K warranty for $11,600 out the door! (Plus sales tax) I just went to Louisville a couple weeks ago (850 mile RT). It cost about $40 in fuel. My mileage check will be over $400! I did some drafting and didn't use the Cruise Control, but I'm a little OCD about my mileage now! Nearly the same mileage as a Prius and 1/2 the initial cost! My 'normal' commute is 160 miles RT. I used to need 11 gallons every other day in my Century, now its about 7.5! I had to fix a flat today, I was pleasantly surprised at the jacking points. The tire monitor probably save me a tire. My first couple miles is on gravel and I may not have noticed the rear tire was flat if not for the light. I'm hooked! Would recommend and re-purchase if a deer or other accident were to total it!

The bad news about mirage...............
By Adjm750

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

While in road trip, while riding 2 250 LB, 1 200 lb in rear passager, 2 150 LB front, 200 LB cargo. Very accelerate slow and suspension may not hold that weight while heavy braking.

Great little car, critics aren't always right
By YRLY59E@aol.com

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Critics hate this car. Critics aren't always right. A lot of critical reviews of this car malign the handling and ride. First the handling feels somewhat detached, but it is precise. Critics tend to want cars to handle like a sports car, which is fine if you're driving short distances and limited amounts of time but it becomes fatiguing over time. The nice easy steering and soft suspension make this great for long commutes. I can drive this longer distances than my Fusion without feeling stiff. It is a very comfortable car for its size to drive a long distance. Seats are decently comfortable. I'm not exactly a small guy and I typically drive larger stuff like say a Grand Marquis or F150. I'd even call it enjoyable to drive. If I had to say anything negative, the biggest drawback is acceleration.

I hear a lot of complaints about the road noise. While the engine isn't terribly refined the factory supplied tires are geared towards economy, so they're noisy. Once they wear out and you put some softer touring tires on or ones with better tread pattern, it would be a lot quieter. I've noticed that on the right highway surface even at higher speeds it's fairly quiet in terms of wind noise.

The car offers a lot for the money. When you compare what you get for the money you get more features with the Mirage and a better warranty. Like your Bluetooth, automatic climate control, automatic transmission, push button start, power locks, power windows, power mirrors for driver and passenger sides, AC? Imagine getting all of them for under $12000, including fancy rubber floor mats, unnecessary chrome highlight package and alloy wheels.

Fuel economy will easily best it's rated number with the CVT, my wife and I took a road trip over hilly terrain last week and got 48mpg with the AC on (which has climate control too).

Serviceability of the engine compartment is good, there is plenty of room, the design is straightforward.

Cargo capacity is quite good if you fold the seats down. The rear seat is serviceable if needed.

While it has some quirks the controls are easy to use and adjust to. The cruise control and the radio controls on the steering wheel took the most adjusting as did the rear wiper (but I only own one other vehicle with a rear wiper and it's an 88 Aerostar).

Given the fact you can put yourself in a new one for less than the cost of almost any new car, many used ones and given its long standard warranty, it deserves more of a look. It offers fantastic fuel economy and great options for the cost. This is an excellent starter car for a first time driver (they won't be able to drag race), or just a sensible extra car with a great warranty.

FANTASTIC CAR! FITS MY REQUIREMENTS PERFECTLY!
By Dean Saxon

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

Being a recently retired automotive professional, I did a lot of research to get the biggest bang for my buck on a brand new car. I had quite a bit of experience on automotive reliability (42 years in auto parts sales). I knew Mitsubishi was second to none in that category. I wanted a vehicle that would let me enjoy life on a budget, yet be comfortable and meet my driving needs. That's what led me to the Mitsubishi Mirage. I'm saving lots of money every time I travel, whether I'm zipping to town or on a trip. I purchased an ES model with 5 speed manual. I traveled to Albany Ga. to get the exact one I had in mind. The dealer there made me feel like family and far exceeded my expectations. This was the second brand new car I ever purchased. The first when I was 18 years old, now this one at age 66. I have found the quality and reliability to be exceptional. The clutch is smooth and effortless. Transmission shifter has a close positive gate. As for handling, It may seem a little awkward to start, but no two vehicles drive exactly alike. With a little experience, if you can modify your behavior, you may just fall in love with the Mirage's steering and suspension. Some have criticized the noisy engine. On mine, you can only hear the exhaust lightly howling when accelerating out onto the highway. ( Personally, I like that) When coming to a stop, sometimes I feel like the engine has stopped running (It's that smooth and quiet). Fit and function of controls are very conveniently located and easy to use. The comfort level of the seats seem better to me on the ES model, as they are slightly softer with premium materials, and the drivers seat also adjusts up and down to conform to the drivers height. The interior is exceptionally roomy and close to that of many midsize cars of today. I think the power level of the engine is sufficient. Living in the Appalachian mountain area of extreme North Georgia, I have no problem climbing hills or passing other vehicles, but I do know how to use that 5 speed transmission when doing so. If you are capable of doing any of your own service work, both major and general components that may need attention at some time are fairly simple and easily accessible. No professional reviewers address that. I understand the professional reviewer's comments on this car. Who else gets to drive and evaluate every car on the market. What's right for you may not be right for the next person. These are just a few of my comments to help others to know what the Mirage is all about. So far....I'm lovin' mine!