My Little Weatherproof Motorcycle
By tinycarguy on
2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)
I love this car! It gives me everything I need: a roof, an engine, and wheels. You will be hard pressed to find a less expensive new car, and even harder pressed to find one with this kind of gas mileage. I, too came from a Nissan Versa, and while that was cheaper, it didn't get anywhere near this mileage. I'm able to get it up to 56 mpg if I drive it right, and that's on the hilly back roads of NH. If you want to punch it ;) , you can still average around 30ish. The interior is larger than the Spark and Fiesta, power windows and locks are standard, and it's been a pleasure to own so far. For the economically minded, this car can't be beat.
Favorite Features
Gas Mileage Low cost Standard Power Locks and Windows Standard Keyless entry Standard Traction & Stability Control Gas Mileage The engine warms up fast - perfect for the winter Plenty o' cupholders Gas Mileage
Suggested Improvements
I'd like it to handle a little better around turns You'll find the steering is really loose when you first drive it, but hardly notice after a thousand miles or so.