2014 Mirage ES CVT - Great little car!
By dparris99 on
2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)
Mirage ES w/ CVT automatic, and Navigation. Excellent car, 3,200 miles to date and zero problems - just keeps on getting better! As of October 2013 the base model was the least expensive new car available in the USA, even though it had far more standard features than the 2nd least expensive (Nissan Versa). At 1,600 miles I got 55.3 MPG at 55 MPH, 53.4 MPG at steady 65 MPH. My daily average MPG is about 42, but my MPG keeps improving as the car gets more miles on it. Great in snow, even without switching to winter tires. 6" is deepest snow driven in so far.
Favorite Features
Getting a "loaded" car, with Navi, for $17K was nice. That it gets over 40 MPG with the automatic (CVT) is a first in the USA for a non-diesel non-Hybrid, I believe. I looked at both diesels and Hybrids, but they were all at least $4,500.00 more, even with less equipment that my car. The seats remind me of those my '86 VW GTI - which were excellent. The brakes and the Stability Control are impressive. Not beautiful, nor sexy - but totally cute. I'm growing increasingly fond of it. I fill it up once a week for under $20.00. My last car was about $60.00 / week, or if I drive my '04 Expedition - over $100.00 / week. If (when?) the price of gas goes up, I'll save even more. :-)
Suggested Improvements
1. Heated seats (available on Mirage in Canada) 2. 15" wheels and tires (standard on Mirage in England). 3. Better suspension - OK over all, especially at the price, but there is a lot of room for improvement. 4. "Sport" version - perhaps with a Turbo? :-) 5. Sunroof (manual, not electric).