2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback Consumer Reviews

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
It's NOT your Dads HOT ROD
By dbrandenburg on 01/20/15 12:38 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I bought One of thee Mitsubishi Mirage's, in late Nov. 2014.. The DE Model, (Automatic CVT), Sapphire blue.. For a First time buyer, It truly is a great car, Or for commuters.. It IS comfy driving, though seat adjustment/Steering Wheel could use a Improvement.. Noise Isn't really to bad, Annoying getting Off the starting Line, (green lights), though the Majority of the noise comes from the Transmission/Engine Combination, which IMOP could be Eliminated with noise dampening materials in the Firewall area(s), without sacrificing weight.. Going on Long trips, 600+ on I-40 is YES; is treacherously "fun",, Be prepared for the "side draft" from Big Rigs as they pass you, or them vice-versa..

Quirky and Charming
By sdaigle on 01/03/15 14:13 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I've owned this car for 4 months and 8,000 miles now. I stepped down to this car from a 2012 Nissan Versa SV sedan. That's my basis for comparison. Once I adjusted to only having 74hp, I now find the power perfectly adequate most times. It does struggle on hills and interstate passing, but is surprisingly sedate once settled into a cruising speed. The ride is very comfortable, however, it's very soft and handles sloppily. This car is not set up for fast, winding country roads, which is 90% of my driving. The interior is attractive and quite comfortable. Good ergonomics. Comfy seat and driving position.

Don't believe the negative hype....
By pwernich on 12/31/14 12:17 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I bought my 2014 Mirage with less than 5,000 miles and got a great deal. I have the blue one with the navigation/back-up camera/info-tainment system, ground effects kit, and interior ambient lighting. It is very sporty and unique looking. I average 40-45 mpg's and I am an agrressive driver. I recently drove over an hour in high winds and hard rain and the Mirage handled like a champ. It accelerates to my satisfaction and the car has a great warranty (5/60 bumper to bumper). I disagree with all those so called "experts" who bash this car. The Mirage has a low price, gets super gas mileage, and a terrific warranty. If you have reasonable expectations you won't be disappointed. Test drive one.

Love my little car!
By goreandglitter on 12/24/14 09:25 AM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

After much debate and research I decided on the mirage as my new car .. My top reasons being gas mileage, cuteness and color. I've had it for 6 months it has driven over large branches in the road, huge puddles and handles snow like a pro. I've tried making it slide without luck. 2 large adults fit comfortably in the front seats .. There is a substantial amount of cargo room in back .. And I have zero issue whipping past other vehicles.. The fact that it doesn't make the loud Vrrroom noise of other cars is misleading .. It goes .. Just quietly. Absolutely love my car and can't wait to take it on more road trips!! I got hit hard 2 days after purchase..Kept all occupants safe and fought back

Best buy in it's class
By mbranton on 12/23/14 07:58 AM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I purchased this car a couple of months ago and use it every day for commuting. It is not noisy, it is not sluggish, and the interior appointments are well laid out and the ride is comfortable. I have gotten 40+ mpg no matter if I drive conservatively or the way I am used to, by "feeling" when to shift and accelerate. I love all the standard features such as keyless entry, Bluetooth, USB input, cruise control, automatic climate control, traction control, antilock breaks, electronic stability control, tire pressure management system, and despite what the "critics" say you cannot buy a car with all this for less money from any other brand, period. I know, I did my research for quite some time

Hey, for the price???
By tivne on 08/04/14 18:01 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I just got out of an AUDI A3. I had a 1996 Mirage back in the day...and after my last car was totaled, I wanted to re-visit this fun little economy-car. It is all you can ask for from a 3 cylinder. I have the manual 5 speed trans and while city gas mileage is not as good as the CVT auto...it does not disappoint! Super cute DE package...soooo fun to drive! There is a bit of sway...but nothing serious. Dealer installed 15" white spoke sport tires (really makes a BIG difference in the car's handling). Push button start, Hands free phone and EVERY sound option you could want...makes this convenient and practical for us that work on the run. Hey for the money...this little car cannot be beat!

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage
By rob269 on 07/31/14 20:33 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I bought this car as I finally decided to try a small car, coming out of an 2012 F150 and a 2011 Genesis, which are the types of vehicles I am used to driving. This is not a Cadillac, Lexus or Mercedes, and it's not a BMW or Corvette. So don't expect the luxury and handling you would get in one of those vehicles. Having come out of some very nice vehicles, this one is pretty impressive considering the price and the gas mileage. I read all the bad reviews before I bought but decided to go test drive one and judge for myself, and was I surprised. I think the criticism's levied at this vehicle are greatly exaggerated, to the benefit of its competitors. But the MPG is for real, outstanding

Mits Mirage 2014
By silenthill2007 on 07/31/14 10:31 AM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Needed a cheap car that would save a lot of gas. Had to travel far in Georgia to find a Mitsubishi dealership. I was attracted by the 11,899 price from the internet website. That is the price of the white, manual, with nothing, after all the incentives which I didn`t qualify. I only got the $1,500 discount. They screwed up the price. After I saw the numbers and calculated well I was able to afford the Automatic one. 600 to get another color/ NO 1,500 for the automatic/ YES I ended up with the blue automatic with Bluetooth. At the end I am getting 50 MPG instead of 44! The car has a horrible bouncing and looks like it is going to roll over.

great car for the money
By glen29 on 07/12/14 12:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I have owned this care for 4 moths. The best mpg of any care I have driven not to mention the price. The only thing I can't figure out is why all the so called professional reviewers give it such poor reviews. I think if your in the market for a inexpensive car with great mpg read the owners review and take one for a test drive you will be pleasantly surprised. 8363 owners can't be wrong this year.

I dont understand the bad reviews
By db1980 on 05/01/14 15:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

Seems like car reviewers focus on how horrible the car is. Depends on what you are looking for. I hate the big bloated heavy cars everyone seems to love. I wanted a warranty, cheap to buy and cheap to drive. Car scores huge on all points there. It also has nice features for the price. I reccomend the ES manual with no extra options. CVT is for the lazy, and it adds a lot to the price of the car. It has a growly engine sound (I find this a positive not a negative). Handling can be improved greatly by adding a $200 rear sway bar. Styling is so so. Interior is hard plastic but seems like there is very little to break. It is designed to be practical and durable. No defects so far