2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
Update
By pwernich on 02/26/15 14:32 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I have now put another 5,000 miles on my Mirage (see earlier review) and still enjoying it but discovering some new flaws. For a car with a sticker price of $18,000 I feel it is lacking many basics including an armrest, sliding sunvisors with mirrors, and lighted door controls (windows, locks, and side mirror controls on dash). I don't like fumbling around at night trying to find the buttons.Gas mileage in town is not impressive and on the highway I average about 37 (driving 70+). Now if I drive like a grandpa I have actually hit 51 mpg's before, but that is very rare.Other cars with bigger engines and more horsepower get about the same mileage. The dash has started vibrating/rattling too.

It's NOT your Dads HOT ROD
By dbrandenburg on 01/20/15 12:38 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I bought One of thee Mitsubishi Mirage's, in late Nov. 2014.. The DE Model, (Automatic CVT), Sapphire blue.. For a First time buyer, It truly is a great car, Or for commuters.. It IS comfy driving, though seat adjustment/Steering Wheel could use a Improvement.. Noise Isn't really to bad, Annoying getting Off the starting Line, (green lights), though the Majority of the noise comes from the Transmission/Engine Combination, which IMOP could be Eliminated with noise dampening materials in the Firewall area(s), without sacrificing weight.. Going on Long trips, 600+ on I-40 is YES; is treacherously "fun",, Be prepared for the "side draft" from Big Rigs as they pass you, or them vice-versa..

Quirky and Charming
By sdaigle on 01/03/15 14:13 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I've owned this car for 4 months and 8,000 miles now. I stepped down to this car from a 2012 Nissan Versa SV sedan. That's my basis for comparison. Once I adjusted to only having 74hp, I now find the power perfectly adequate most times. It does struggle on hills and interstate passing, but is surprisingly sedate once settled into a cruising speed. The ride is very comfortable, however, it's very soft and handles sloppily. This car is not set up for fast, winding country roads, which is 90% of my driving. The interior is attractive and quite comfortable. Good ergonomics. Comfy seat and driving position.

Don't believe the negative hype....
By pwernich on 12/31/14 12:17 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I bought my 2014 Mirage with less than 5,000 miles and got a great deal. I have the blue one with the navigation/back-up camera/info-tainment system, ground effects kit, and interior ambient lighting. It is very sporty and unique looking. I average 40-45 mpg's and I am an agrressive driver. I recently drove over an hour in high winds and hard rain and the Mirage handled like a champ. It accelerates to my satisfaction and the car has a great warranty (5/60 bumper to bumper). I disagree with all those so called "experts" who bash this car. The Mirage has a low price, gets super gas mileage, and a terrific warranty. If you have reasonable expectations you won't be disappointed. Test drive one.

Love my little car!
By goreandglitter on 12/24/14 09:25 AM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

After much debate and research I decided on the mirage as my new car .. My top reasons being gas mileage, cuteness and color. I've had it for 6 months it has driven over large branches in the road, huge puddles and handles snow like a pro. I've tried making it slide without luck. 2 large adults fit comfortably in the front seats .. There is a substantial amount of cargo room in back .. And I have zero issue whipping past other vehicles.. The fact that it doesn't make the loud Vrrroom noise of other cars is misleading .. It goes .. Just quietly. Absolutely love my car and can't wait to take it on more road trips!! I got hit hard 2 days after purchase..Kept all occupants safe and fought back

Best buy in it's class
By mbranton on 12/23/14 07:58 AM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I purchased this car a couple of months ago and use it every day for commuting. It is not noisy, it is not sluggish, and the interior appointments are well laid out and the ride is comfortable. I have gotten 40+ mpg no matter if I drive conservatively or the way I am used to, by "feeling" when to shift and accelerate. I love all the standard features such as keyless entry, Bluetooth, USB input, cruise control, automatic climate control, traction control, antilock breaks, electronic stability control, tire pressure management system, and despite what the "critics" say you cannot buy a car with all this for less money from any other brand, period. I know, I did my research for quite some time

Loving this lil car
By kmiller7779 on 10/27/14 04:23 AM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I bought a 2015 Mirage a week ago and I absolutely love it. I have owned hybrids for the last 8 years and our other car is a 2006 Honda Insight, a true mileage champion. I have yet to be out on the highway with the Mirage, but city driving for me is consistently at 45-47 mpg. This is a fun car. I do not understand the harsh reviews as I think this car is a joy to drive. The seats are comfortable and the car handles nicely. When I went to the dealership, I was not planning to buy one of these cars. I did not think I would like it. I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival at how much more I liked the car in person. The dealership was well stocked and had every color the car

Environmentalists rejoice!
By dkuethe on 10/14/14 09:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Mirage is ONLY car in its class in North America in 2014. Other "small" non-hybrid, 5-passenger cars do not have acceptable fuel economy. Mine: 20 km/l (47 mpg) for 65 mph and slower combined rural and Albuquerque driving. At Western US highway speeds, 70 to 75 mph, with full load and air conditioner in the summer 16.6 km/l (39 mpg). A bit over-powered for fuel efficient car. Can climb a 6% grade at 120 km/h (75 mph) with a full load at 1700 m (5600 ft) elevation — with alacrity. Engines achieve best efficiency just below maximum power, so most of time it is operating with lower efficiency. Feat requires over 50 kW (66 hp) so engine probably exceeds 56kW (74 hp) rating.

Great value. Fun cheap drive.
By bigdav15 on 10/01/14 18:07 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Overall, a great fuel saver and a fun little ride. Some complain about the CVT and its "growing" or sounding like "an angry vacuum," but I enjoy its capabilities in the mountains and highway riding. Driving easy (45-55 mph under 3000 rpm) I average between 45 and 55 mpgs. Next to my old 2002 Cavalier 2.4, this is my favorite fuel efficient car to drive. If I didn't have payments left on a Jeep Patriot (CVT also) I'd get a second one of these. Only downfall is sudden braking with curves, but a good driver will not present them self with this issue.

Hey, for the price???
By tivne on 08/04/14 18:01 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I just got out of an AUDI A3. I had a 1996 Mirage back in the day...and after my last car was totaled, I wanted to re-visit this fun little economy-car. It is all you can ask for from a 3 cylinder. I have the manual 5 speed trans and while city gas mileage is not as good as the CVT auto...it does not disappoint! Super cute DE package...soooo fun to drive! There is a bit of sway...but nothing serious. Dealer installed 15" white spoke sport tires (really makes a BIG difference in the car's handling). Push button start, Hands free phone and EVERY sound option you could want...makes this convenient and practical for us that work on the run. Hey for the money...this little car cannot be beat!