2014 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
Hey, for the price???
By tivne on 08/04/14 18:01 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I just got out of an AUDI A3. I had a 1996 Mirage back in the day...and after my last car was totaled, I wanted to re-visit this fun little economy-car. It is all you can ask for from a 3 cylinder. I have the manual 5 speed trans and while city gas mileage is not as good as the CVT auto...it does not disappoint! Super cute DE package...soooo fun to drive! There is a bit of sway...but nothing serious. Dealer installed 15" white spoke sport tires (really makes a BIG difference in the car's handling). Push button start, Hands free phone and EVERY sound option you could want...makes this convenient and practical for us that work on the run. Hey for the money...this little car cannot be beat!

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage
By rob269 on 07/31/14 20:33 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I bought this car as I finally decided to try a small car, coming out of an 2012 F150 and a 2011 Genesis, which are the types of vehicles I am used to driving. This is not a Cadillac, Lexus or Mercedes, and it's not a BMW or Corvette. So don't expect the luxury and handling you would get in one of those vehicles. Having come out of some very nice vehicles, this one is pretty impressive considering the price and the gas mileage. I read all the bad reviews before I bought but decided to go test drive one and judge for myself, and was I surprised. I think the criticism's levied at this vehicle are greatly exaggerated, to the benefit of its competitors. But the MPG is for real, outstanding

Mits Mirage 2014
By silenthill2007 on 07/31/14 10:31 AM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Needed a cheap car that would save a lot of gas. Had to travel far in Georgia to find a Mitsubishi dealership. I was attracted by the 11,899 price from the internet website. That is the price of the white, manual, with nothing, after all the incentives which I didn`t qualify. I only got the $1,500 discount. They screwed up the price. After I saw the numbers and calculated well I was able to afford the Automatic one. 600 to get another color/ NO 1,500 for the automatic/ YES I ended up with the blue automatic with Bluetooth. At the end I am getting 50 MPG instead of 44! The car has a horrible bouncing and looks like it is going to roll over.

great car for the money
By glen29 on 07/12/14 12:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I have owned this care for 4 moths. The best mpg of any care I have driven not to mention the price. The only thing I can't figure out is why all the so called professional reviewers give it such poor reviews. I think if your in the market for a inexpensive car with great mpg read the owners review and take one for a test drive you will be pleasantly surprised. 8363 owners can't be wrong this year.

I dont understand the bad reviews
By db1980 on 05/01/14 15:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

Seems like car reviewers focus on how horrible the car is. Depends on what you are looking for. I hate the big bloated heavy cars everyone seems to love. I wanted a warranty, cheap to buy and cheap to drive. Car scores huge on all points there. It also has nice features for the price. I reccomend the ES manual with no extra options. CVT is for the lazy, and it adds a lot to the price of the car. It has a growly engine sound (I find this a positive not a negative). Handling can be improved greatly by adding a $200 rear sway bar. Styling is so so. Interior is hard plastic but seems like there is very little to break. It is designed to be practical and durable. No defects so far

My Little Weatherproof Motorcycle
By tinycarguy on 03/31/14 00:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl 5M)

I love this car! It gives me everything I need: a roof, an engine, and wheels. You will be hard pressed to find a less expensive new car, and even harder pressed to find one with this kind of gas mileage. I, too came from a Nissan Versa, and while that was cheaper, it didn't get anywhere near this mileage. I'm able to get it up to 56 mpg if I drive it right, and that's on the hilly back roads of NH. If you want to punch it ;) , you can still average around 30ish. The interior is larger than the Spark and Fiesta, power windows and locks are standard, and it's been a pleasure to own so far. For the economically minded, this car can't be beat.

2014 Mirage ES CVT - Great little car!
By dparris99 on 01/04/14 16:50 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Mirage ES w/ CVT automatic, and Navigation. Excellent car, 3,200 miles to date and zero problems - just keeps on getting better! As of October 2013 the base model was the least expensive new car available in the USA, even though it had far more standard features than the 2nd least expensive (Nissan Versa). At 1,600 miles I got 55.3 MPG at 55 MPH, 53.4 MPG at steady 65 MPH. My daily average MPG is about 42, but my MPG keeps improving as the car gets more miles on it. Great in snow, even without switching to winter tires. 6" is deepest snow driven in so far.

Love my Mirage
By kdcka1 on 12/27/13 14:46 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I was attracted to this car because of the low purchase price and low fuel costs - I get up to 48 MPG ! I think it is adorable and fun to drive. It is liberating to not feel the money flying out of your pockets every time you go somewhere. I previously drove a Jeep and got about 15 MPG. It is full of standard features and does not feel like a cheap car at all. My Jeep was a 2005 loaded limited edition - and I do not feel deprived at all making the change. Great bargain, reliable, and feels like you spent more than you did. Great size to sneak into small parking spaces.

Cute!
By lisasue on 12/18/13 12:25 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I was unsure of this car, but my husband liked the safety features, so I agreed to test drive it. I like the fact that I get such killer gas mileage, and it always starts right up! Plus it's easy to find a place to park. It's not real great on the freeway, but driving around town it's awesome. All in all, I would do it again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.