2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Review: compact and sporty

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Review

DE Coupe (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

compact and sporty
By Rachel ALA on

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car, and I would highly recomend it to any young driver. It's sporty, and handles extremely well. Compared to other manual vehicles, the Mirage shifts gears very easily. There is an issue with interior room if passengers are large or tall, but that can be expected with a compact car. The silver paint also seems to chip relatively easily. Overall, this car is perfect for a driver who carries few passengers at a time and is looking for a reliable, small, sporty car.

I love the storage compartments; they are easily reached by the driver. The CD player is excellent, easy to operate, and never skips. The alignment and handling of the car is absolutely superb!

I'm not sure if these are universal problems, but my key occasionally won't turn in the ignition (this is fixed by jiggling the steering wheel). Sometimes the gear shift won't go completely into reverse the first time I attempt to shift.