Used 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

Great Car!
By AJAK

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car since 2002, and it has been the best car. Super reliable. Holds up to normal wear and tear very well. Styling looks pretty good too (kind of looks like the A4 from the same time period!). Good gas mileage. Never had any major problems. I would buy this car again for sure. Very very under rated.

Overall quality. Fit and finish!

Make a 2010 model!

Great Reliable Vehicle
By Budgie

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2001 with 18k on it, and it has been a great car to me. I'm a high-mileage driver and didn't have to sink hardly any money into it until recently, and it had about 165000 at that point! No major problems whatsoever, just normal wear-and-tear replacements. I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat, but unfortunately they've discontinued them.

Excellent gas economy, very reliable, cute design, excellent value

No cruise control

i love my rage(1.8L es 4dr
By almae

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am the third owner of this car, my sis bought on 2001, then my bro took over, then I bought from my bro, it has almost 150,000 miles now and its running strong, very good on gas. I get about 31-32 mpg w/city/hwy combined and running on 17'inch wheels. I've had no major problems w/this car, just only minor maintenance, I will keep this car as long as its alive.

Excellent fuel economy, good styling, roomier than I expected. Cheap replacement parts.

Definitely cruise control, rear disc brakes standard on all models, need just bit more power, need better sealing for quieter interior noise.

follow up to earlier review
By mattwc1

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I believe a truly accurate review on a vehicle should include proper time/mileage increments. I currently have almost 150k on my 01 ES Sedan. My opinion has not changes since my last review. I average between 31- 35mph on mostly highway commutes. This vehicle has not let me down. The engine while slow is smooth and reliable. The transmission works well with the engine. The car is much more comfortable than its size belies. I do agree that cruise control would be nice, the paint chips easily, and a tachometer should be standard. However, considering that I have not had a car payment in 5 years and the car is so easy to keep and maintain, I will gladly live without. only 1 non pm fix; AC line

Reliability, fuel economy, excellent base stereo system, roomy for size, inexpensive replacement parts, built to last (only 1 non PM maintenance; replaced AC high pressure line)

slow (but great fuel economy), paint chips easily, no tachometer

I love my Mirage
By DREA38108

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my mirage back in July of 2007. It is a 2001. I love the little thing. Especially since gas is very high now. At price of 3.75 I can drive 300 miles off 37 dollars and thats speeding most of the time. The thing that I don't like is that I don't have any cup holders in my car and the fact that it does not have auto locks and windows or cruise control. Other than that though this car is great.

the back of the car is very beautiful to me for some reason. That is what sold me on the car before i ever test drove it to be honest. Shallow I know but oh well.

cup holders in all vehicles auto locks cruise control and fog lights.