Used 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

Red Beauty
By richgroh

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first car and have owned it for over 3 years.Bought it at 104k and it i now at 145k. Only problem ive had so far was the a/c compressor went out at 110k but you have to expect things to break with this many miles. I has been totaled 3 times and still runs like a champ. Besides routine maintenance and the a/c compressor it has been very reliable so far. I am a delivery driver and my other job is a long commute so alot of those miles were hard on it and i also have a pretty heavy foot. I average around 22mpg which is good considering my lead foot and it is alot of stop and go traffic on long island plus it is also an automatic.

Reliability Glove box room Trunk space Folding backseat MPG Very solid brakes

Sloppy automatic transmission Slow Cupholders Paint chips like mad Antenna

Bloody Amazing!
By ccmike25

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is amazing and it still suprises me when people have never heard of it.
First of all it gets great gas mileage and secondly its like an indestructable tank I have had this car for years when I bought it it had 70K miles on it at current it has 215K miles on it and have never had to replace anything other than standard maintainance. It may be small and cramped (or I am just way to big) but it makes up for it in reliability and ease of care i have had no problem doing all the maintainance to this car myself and it is a breeze.

Gas Mileage and ease of care.

If it could just have a little more leg room and if they would just remake this car!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By donna42

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my baby for 3 yrs put over 50,000 on her and she is still going strong at 139,000!! It has never fail me, its a great car that got myself and to kids back and forth to school and myself to work.!!! Now we need a bigger car cause are family is growing, hate to see her go..

The best car ever!!!!
By jorie

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very reliable car, never left me on the side of the road. I bought this car with 18,000 miles on it and now it has 230,000! Get up and go is still awesome! The handling is great. Im sure I could still take a long raod trip and it would be fine. Gas mileage is great. It pretty much has all the original parts on it. Although I did replace the air compressor. In the eleven years I've owned it must have saved me a bunch of money. Thanks Mitsibishi!

Duribility, handling, very dependable car. No worries. Like how the car looks from the front!

Cupholders in the backseat and cruise control.

What a great car!
By Dan

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new almost 10 years ago. Right now the car is at 151k miles and still runs like new. I'm constantly getting over 35 MPG. I use regular oil (change every 5k mile) and regular gas. The only issue I had at 105k miles was the spark plug cables which had to be replaced. Actually, I should still call it regular maintenance. All I can say buying a new car always pays off on the long run. Of course Mitsubishi deserves a lot of credit and now I understand better why the Mitosis services are struggling - these cars are not breaking down!

The stereo system sounds very nice

I just can't think of anything