Used 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By donna42

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my baby for 3 yrs put over 50,000 on her and she is still going strong at 139,000!! It has never fail me, its a great car that got myself and to kids back and forth to school and myself to work.!!! Now we need a bigger car cause are family is growing, hate to see her go..

The best car ever!!!!
By jorie

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very reliable car, never left me on the side of the road. I bought this car with 18,000 miles on it and now it has 230,000! Get up and go is still awesome! The handling is great. Im sure I could still take a long raod trip and it would be fine. Gas mileage is great. It pretty much has all the original parts on it. Although I did replace the air compressor. In the eleven years I've owned it must have saved me a bunch of money. Thanks Mitsibishi!

Duribility, handling, very dependable car. No worries. Like how the car looks from the front!

Cupholders in the backseat and cruise control.

What a great car!
By Dan

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new almost 10 years ago. Right now the car is at 151k miles and still runs like new. I'm constantly getting over 35 MPG. I use regular oil (change every 5k mile) and regular gas. The only issue I had at 105k miles was the spark plug cables which had to be replaced. Actually, I should still call it regular maintenance. All I can say buying a new car always pays off on the long run. Of course Mitsubishi deserves a lot of credit and now I understand better why the Mitosis services are struggling - these cars are not breaking down!

The stereo system sounds very nice

I just can't think of anything

Great Car!
By AJAK

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car since 2002, and it has been the best car. Super reliable. Holds up to normal wear and tear very well. Styling looks pretty good too (kind of looks like the A4 from the same time period!). Good gas mileage. Never had any major problems. I would buy this car again for sure. Very very under rated.

Overall quality. Fit and finish!

Make a 2010 model!

Great Reliable Vehicle
By Budgie

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2001 with 18k on it, and it has been a great car to me. I'm a high-mileage driver and didn't have to sink hardly any money into it until recently, and it had about 165000 at that point! No major problems whatsoever, just normal wear-and-tear replacements. I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat, but unfortunately they've discontinued them.

Excellent gas economy, very reliable, cute design, excellent value

No cruise control