2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Review: 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Review

ES Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan
By herrstrauss on

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Hi, I purchased my 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan back in August, of 2011. I paid $1,500.00 cash for the car, the odometer read 160,000 miles, I thought I was buying a dying car, or a car on the verge of death. (at the time I knew nothing about Mitsubishi). But this car has been anything but a dying car, it has been a great first car. I've even gone as far as naming my car buster. This is a terrific starter car for anyone, old, middle aged, or young. Almost little to no maintenance, get in and drive. This car has never let me down. The Japanese really built an amazing car. I personally thank Mitsubishi motors for building a superb vehicle that was built with quality in mind.

I'm fine with everything. The handling is surprisingly good. Great gas mileage. I fill up a tank of gas once a week, and can go about 275-300 miles on a full tank of gas, speeding and driving like a nut in the city.

The car should be a little bigger, have power seats, and windows, and the engine a little stronger, otherwise a great car.
By yoseph
on 03/18/12 10:23 AM (PDT)

I agree. I bought my Mist Mirage new in 2001 and I have 181,000 on it.The commerical use to say for this car Get up and Drive and I so belive it...The Japanese really did build a great car with guality I do wish it had more pick up in the engine but the car does me well