2001 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
The best car ever!!!!
By jorie on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very reliable car, never left me on the side of the road. I bought this car with 18,000 miles on it and now it has 230,000! Get up and go is still awesome! The handling is great. Im sure I could still take a long raod trip and it would be fine. Gas mileage is great. It pretty much has all the original parts on it. Although I did replace the air compressor. In the eleven years I've owned it must have saved me a bunch of money. Thanks Mitsibishi!

What a great car!
By Dan on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new almost 10 years ago. Right now the car is at 151k miles and still runs like new. I'm constantly getting over 35 MPG. I use regular oil (change every 5k mile) and regular gas. The only issue I had at 105k miles was the spark plug cables which had to be replaced. Actually, I should still call it regular maintenance. All I can say buying a new car always pays off on the long run. Of course Mitsubishi deserves a lot of credit and now I understand better why the Mitosis services are struggling - these cars are not breaking down!

Great Car!
By AJAK on 08/06/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car since 2002, and it has been the best car. Super reliable. Holds up to normal wear and tear very well. Styling looks pretty good too (kind of looks like the A4 from the same time period!). Good gas mileage. Never had any major problems. I would buy this car again for sure. Very very under rated.

Great Reliable Vehicle
By Budgie on 04/13/09 12:39 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2001 with 18k on it, and it has been a great car to me. I'm a high-mileage driver and didn't have to sink hardly any money into it until recently, and it had about 165000 at that point! No major problems whatsoever, just normal wear-and-tear replacements. I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat, but unfortunately they've discontinued them.

i love my rage(1.8L es 4dr
By almae on 11/04/08 13:47 PM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am the third owner of this car, my sis bought on 2001, then my bro took over, then I bought from my bro, it has almost 150,000 miles now and its running strong, very good on gas. I get about 31-32 mpg w/city/hwy combined and running on 17'inch wheels. I've had no major problems w/this car, just only minor maintenance, I will keep this car as long as its alive.

follow up to earlier review
By mattwc1 on 07/14/08 13:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I believe a truly accurate review on a vehicle should include proper time/mileage increments. I currently have almost 150k on my 01 ES Sedan. My opinion has not changes since my last review. I average between 31- 35mph on mostly highway commutes. This vehicle has not let me down. The engine while slow is smooth and reliable. The transmission works well with the engine. The car is much more comfortable than its size belies. I do agree that cruise control would be nice, the paint chips easily, and a tachometer should be standard. However, considering that I have not had a car payment in 5 years and the car is so easy to keep and maintain, I will gladly live without. only 1 non pm fix; AC line

I love my Mirage
By DREA38108 on 05/26/08 00:35 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my mirage back in July of 2007. It is a 2001. I love the little thing. Especially since gas is very high now. At price of 3.75 I can drive 300 miles off 37 dollars and thats speeding most of the time. The thing that I don't like is that I don't have any cup holders in my car and the fact that it does not have auto locks and windows or cruise control. Other than that though this car is great.

So Easy to Drive
By aebsworld on 04/04/08 00:56 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really love my car! Very basic wear & tear over the years. No major work needed! I've driven my car to California, Arizona, Texas, and all over the Rockies here in Colorado! Does well is any weather on any type of road! It's so fun and easy to drive! Great gas mileage! I wish it had cruise control, but it's the best purchase I've ever made! I'm so proud of my car! I love it!

Love My Mirage!
By Donajo on 10/06/07 20:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After 6 years owning this amazing vehicle, I have to say that beyond routine tune-ups and oil changes, the car has been maintenance and worry free. I drive up to 450 milles a month for my job and needed a safe, reliable car that's good on gas mileage. I have found it all with this car! It handles like a dream. But beware: this car is very fast! If you are a speed demon like me you will love it but I have also gotten a few speeding tickets along the way. My car is now paid for but I have no plans to trade it in. Even if I buy another car someday, I will keep this one to use for work.

Love my Mirage
By sarah on 08/06/07 17:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mirage for 2 years now and I would recommend this little car to anyone looking for a reliable, fuel efficient, sporty looking car. I haven't had any mechanical problems other than normal wear and tear. I just got a tune up a couple months ago and it has really helped with the pick up on the car.