Used 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

Best first car ever
By Zack

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car. I got it at age 16 and I'm now 18 looking to get a mustang. This car has been pushed so hard by me. I haven't had to change ANYTHING besides oil, brakes, spark plugs, belts, battery. It now has 264,000 miles on it. Runs like a champ. Looks similar to a Honda civic on the exterior.

Amazing piece of metal
By tonypham_

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It was handed down to me by my aunt at 60,000 miles and have been driving for 2 years, I'm at about 78,000 miles. It was a great first car to start learning with due to the size of it. It may be small but it's easy to change lanes, park, and manuver through tight spaces. It's fast once it kicks in as well. Will be keeping it with my Lexus. Recommended for people starting to learn how to drive!

Should be a bit more high tec around the dashboard and the small cup holders block the radio. It's a bit cramped in the back, but it's really made for just 2 people.

Very reliable
By markr307

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage, manual transmission.
160,000 miles on it, I've had it for 2 years, and the occasional repairs are just wear and tear - break pads, spark plugs.
A basic but very reliable car.

Indestructible
By jimcsmith1988

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Astonishingly reliable- I purchased in 2011 used, and within three days a wind storm dropped a 5000 pound tree on the hood. After chopping the tree up, the car took off as if nothing happened. With a mileage intensive job, I've been heaping miles on it without issue. Just swapped out the timing belt after 100K miles to be safe, but it gave no indication that it needed it. It is small, and I'd recommend the 4 door. The mileage is beyond incredible, I get somewhere between 30-35MPG on average, and that's with a 10 year old automatic setup. The pickup is not fast, but it can maintain 90MPH on the highway without issue. I smiled a bit when I overtook a new Challenger on the interstate.

Fuel economy, reliable components, hood that can apparently repair itself.

Nothing that Mitsubishi didn't include in the successor vehicle, the Lancer :)

Love My Car
By yoseph

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purch my car new and now have it for over 10 years and it has 175,000 miles on it...There was a saying that Mitsubishi has that said just get up and go and man that is true..My car has given me no problems at all